1999 Chevrolet Cavalier - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cavalier model:
99 Z24
By Malteselegacy on 09/16/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24 2dr Coupe

Great car! All my friends make fun of the car,because they call it a commoner car. They paid over $30000 each for their crappy imports,while I paid less than 25 and my car is going strong. I bought it brand new and have had it for 4 years now and it has over 65000 miles and still going strong.

Lots of giddy-up but few amenities
By bfk on 08/29/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24 2dr Coupe

Very fun to drive. The engine is very responsive. Handles and corners very well. No problems mechanically so far. Mileage around 27 mpg.

Run, save your money
By Tiffers on 08/27/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24 2dr Coupe

After buying this as a certified car from a GM Dealer it has practically fallen apart. Thank god for the extended warranty we bought. It has covered $500 in electrical work and $680 for replacement of a water pump. Yes, replacing the water pump cost $780 because of the amount of labor it takes to work on the Olds engine stuffed into the engine compartment.

Can't complain!
By richard123321 on 08/14/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24 2dr Coupe

I've had the Z24 since new and have 90,000 miles on it. The only real repair was a front wheel bearing at 70,000 miles. Besides that only normal maintenance costs (fluid changes, tires and brakes) have been required. The car runs like new! I've changed the oil every 4000 miles and changed the tranny fluid every 40000 miles. I wish that I had a good reason to switch cars since I'm kinda getting tired of looking at it! I would consider another GM were it not for their steep depreciation. Makes for a great used car buy!

Good reliable and affordable car
By Kira on 07/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Cavalier 2dr Coupe

The only kind of repairs done to the car are general maintenance and a brake job and new battery after 4 years.

41,000 Miles
By Dweezil on 07/02/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Cavalier RS 2dr Coupe

Have owned for 4 years no problem. Still on the 1st set of tires.Avg mileage on long trips over 30 mpg at 70 75 mph. Rides like a much heavier car. Very underrated. Was a bargain fully equipped. Dealer is sensational. Open 7 days a week. M-F till MIDNIGHT!!!

Fun car to drive
By CavalierGirl on 06/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24 2dr Coupe

This is my second Cavalier. My first was a 1998 4-door sedan. I love this car. It has alot of pickup for a 4 cyl engine. Its a cute car that is resonably priced. No major problems with this one or the one I owned before it. No complaints. I have over 70k miles on this car and will probably drive it until the wheels fall off.

i love 99' chevy cavaliers!!!
By KoRn Bread Muffin on 03/04/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Chevrolet Cavalier 2dr Coupe

this car rocks!! i love driving in it. And like working on with my boyfriend!! I think everyone should a cavalier! but not like mine, mine is a one of kind!! -KoRn Bread

Fun little ragtop for the money
By fradel61 on 02/15/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24 2dr Convertible

This wasn't my first choice for a replacement vehicle, but in retrospec I really enjoy this little car. It has some zip to it. Nicely equipped anti-locks, cd player pw/w/l ect. The front end has a tendency to pitch on curves and handling is only so-so.You feel every bump in the road, but for the money don't expect the handling of a Viper. Great car to just drive with the top down and the music playing. Would I buy it again....yeah I think so.

My new car
By DTorrez on 01/30/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24 2dr Convertible

I love this car! I have had it for about 2 weeks now and I really can't say about the reliability or the performance of the car. Just on what I have experienced it's great.