1999 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cavalier model:
Fun car to drive
By CavalierGirl on 06/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe Z24 2dr Coupe

This is my second Cavalier. My first was a 1998 4-door sedan. I love this car. It has alot of pickup for a 4 cyl engine. Its a cute car that is resonably priced. No major problems with this one or the one I owned before it. No complaints. I have over 70k miles on this car and will probably drive it until the wheels fall off.

i love 99' chevy cavaliers!!!
By KoRn Bread Muffin on 03/04/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe 2dr Coupe

this car rocks!! i love driving in it. And like working on with my boyfriend!! I think everyone should a cavalier! but not like mine, mine is a one of kind!! -KoRn Bread

Import Fighter on a budget
By JCO Member on 01/11/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe Z24 2dr Coupe

The Z24 is my third car, and has been the best I have owned yet. The engine is a potent power plant that is a great starting point for upgrades. Brakes are strong and fade resistant. The suspension firm but not, harsh. The Z24 is perfect for the sport compact enthusiest on a budget. I would recommend the car to anyone

Great Little Car
By cc732 on 12/15/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe 2dr Coupe

I was surprised at the quality in this price range. The reliability has been excellant as this car now has 50,000 miles.I've driven it the last 35,000 with only a minor brake job and tune- up. The 2dr coupe has pleasing looks and could re-sell very well. It's easy to drive and park, vision is not obstructed by side pillars or a high rear deck. A very good winter driver,with standard ABS, too. I'm satisfied with this purchase as 2 other Cavaliers(1986 & 1990) didn't do so well. Hope the 2003's are built this standard.

Always Chevrolet
By American Buyer on 08/17/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe 2dr Coupe

Bought this car for my daughter's first. She/we have been very pleased. I put new brake pads on when we first got the car (daddy's worry) and other than routine maintenance, have not touched it. Fun to drive and well built for the price. Safety ratings were good for a small, cheap car.

Horrible experience
By No More American on 06/27/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe Z24 2dr Coupe

Only a three years old, and I have spent over $2000 in repair already. My shifter cable has snapped for the second time tonight. Also had both rotors replaced, as well as getting one of the bearings changed as well. I THOUGHT Cavaliers were reliable. But this car proved me wrong. This car has convinced me not to buy an American car ever again.