Used 1999 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1999 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cavalier model:

Good Buy
By James

1999 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe 2dr Coupe

Good overall car. When I purchased this car it had all original parts except the radio (this was a good sign). The bad news was once I bought it some of the 10 year old parts broke. I had the computer system fail ($300), then the drive pulley ($200) then the slave cylinder broke (the clutch was also replaced since the it is so hard to get to it was worth doing it at the time, $700). Overall the car drives great. With regular oil changes and tune ups I think I'll get another 100k miles out of this car.

Easy to maintain, repairs aren't expensive

More cup holders

By Chevy Cavalier

1999 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe RS 2dr Coupe

This car was purchased for $3000. So far it's been decent. I had to replace the computer($350), the alternator pulley and belt($200), and the slave cylinder and clutch($740). All the parts were original which means the car was built good I was just unlucky that all the parts lasted as long as they did (10 years). Car runs great now and hopefully I can get another year and 15000 miles before I have to replace anything else on this car.

Easy to maintain, good gas mileage. 28 MPG all around.

Bigger backseat, new top dash piece (cracks on all of the Cavaliers)

Great car
By Punkin3785

1999 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe Z24 2dr Coupe

I get awesome gas mileage. This car has a lot of pickup and is always reliable. I couldn't have asked for a better car... only bad thing is, I just foung out that mine didnt come with a lug wrench...and the lugnuts are inverted so you can't use a universal wrench... so I'm searching for one to obtain before i get a flat tire and am up the creek without a paddle.

The steering wheel has a compfy grip and the seats are so compfortable to sit in for long periods of time. I can't get enough of my sunroof either.

The only thing i think that would make it a little better is if it had a bigger windsheild washer fluid container. I am obsessed with washing my window shield and i always run out...

Chevy Cavalier, only so-so
By CHill

1999 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe 2dr Coupe

This car has had more issues than not. The steering has always made a griding noise when at low speeds, the air conditioner has been broken since the second day after we drove off of the lot, and the cab space is next to nothing. I do not feel safe driving this car. Personally, I do not like it, but for a first car that is only to be owned for a short period, it's ideal. It's cheap, and the price shows it. You'll drop the price of a new car to repair the a/c alone, though, so if comfort is your game you may want to steer clear of this model and year.

The only thing I like about this car was the sound system. The radio always worked, even when everything else was falling out.

-Air conditioning That's the -big problem- with this car. Nothing is worse than driving in a big city with temperatures in the upper 90's in bumper to bumper traffic, especially when your job requires you to look professional and not like you work construction.

Great value, reliable
By chet johnson

1999 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe 2dr Coupe

My Cav has 154k on it and engine still runs strong. Doesn't burn oil. Original muffler and struts. I live in NH and gas tank rusted but that was it. I also maintained it with hiway mileage. Excellent car for $9800. Gets 33 mpg. No major repairs at all. Just get in and go

Engine, reliability, cost