Used 1999 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1999 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cavalier model:

Garbage
By stan

1999 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe Z24 2dr Coupe

Bought a 1999 Chevrolet cavalier z24, total garbage, so many problems, starting from my sunroof, doesn't close all the way to burnt out power window motors and abs light always staying on. The 2.4 L twin cam engine sounds like rocks in a tin can, very disappointed with Chevrolet, will never ever buy American made cars ever again! Imports here I come!

My tax receipt after donating it to the kidney foundation

Everything

The best car for the money you can buy
By Odie

1999 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe 2dr Coupe

This car has provided 225,000 trouble free miles. It also provides 35 miles per gallon highway, at turnpike speeds & the A/C on. It's solid & fun to drive.I can't imagine any foreign car being more reliable.

ride/handling & gas mileage

keep making cars this bulletproof

224,000 miles and just getting started
By snm1220

1999 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe RS 2dr Coupe

I acquired this car from my son after turning my 4 door car over to my children for their family use. I immediately noticed the 35 mpg plus highway gas mileage with the 4 speed automatic transmission. The air is ice cold in the summer & very warm in the winter. Visibility, ride & handling is very good. This car runs all day at highway speed, uses no oil or has any fluid leaks. Replacement parts are inexpensive. This is truly the most reliable, least cost per mile vehicle i've ever owned. At 300,000 miles I may change the transmission fluid for the first time. I can't imagine any foreign vehicle delivering this value.

ride, handling, reliability & gas mileage

40 mpg

high mileage review
By snm

1999 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe RS 2dr Coupe

I now have 220,000 miles on my 1999 cavalier rally sport. It is still a daily driver with no fluid leaks or problems. It has the original exhaust & fuel deliver systems. The 4 speed automatic works perfectly & the car delivers 33 to 35 MPG routinely. The heat & air conditioning systems are also very good. This vehicle will beat the reliability of any toyota or honda. At 300,000 miles I may treat it to a transmission fluid change.

Smooth Engine, HVAC Systems, Gas Mileage, Overall Cost Of Operation

Bring back the Cavalier

White 1999 Cavalier-Z24, 2dr. coupe
By Pippy

1999 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe Z24 2dr Coupe

I bought my cavalier-Z24 new in fall of 1998 (1999 model yr.)and I still own it! It has 52,000 miles on it and runs/looks great! If I could purchase a 2010 Cav.-z24, I'd buy on in a heartbeat! Luv this car, had/have no problems with it this far, everything works fine :) luv this car!

The Z24 body style ground effects, power sunroof, wide low-profile tires, White.

Could use a bit of sound-proofing from outside noises when driving it.