1999 Chevrolet Cavalier Base Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1999 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cavalier model:
Great ride up east coast!
By Rottie81 on 09/01/10 06:44 AM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

I just got my Mom's 1999 LS 4 door sedan from my Mom who had to stop driving. She has 106,000 mi on it. I drove it from Sarasota FL to Boston Ma with no problems at all. It was comfortable and handled well on the highway. It isn't so great on bumpy roads in the city but all in all it's a great car and I would seriously think about getting another Chevy in the future. The exterior is perfect but the interior near the windshield cracked and is falling off so needs to be replaced. Also the cup holders are a joke. But I did enjoy the drive home trying to beat Hurricane Earl!

Caviliers Are Great Cars
By Donna Jones on 02/14/10 09:37 AM (PST)

1999 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan 4dr Sedan

I love this car. I live on a limited income and can not purchase a brand new car. So, when I got the chance to purchase this car, even though its age was high, I fell in love with it. This car handles good on the road, I love the braking system, and couldn't ask for a more roomier car.

Somewhat ordinary, but very reliable car
By KLHoffman on 01/23/10 18:44 PM (PST)

1999 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan 4dr Sedan

We bought our 1999 Cavalier in 2000 when it was just over a year old. It's been a very reliable car. We now have 146,000 miles on it and it still gets us where we want to go without any problems. We just replaced the transmission this year at 141k miles, but other than that no major problems in ten years! I find the car somewhat boring to look at and drive, but with reliability like this who can complain!

Slow but steady wins the race
By single mom on 11/22/08 13:55 PM (PST)

1999 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan 4dr Sedan

I have been driving this car for over 10 years without any problems. It has 180,000 miles on it and no major repairs. Replaced exhaust due to rust, but I live in the snow belt so lots of road salt. An edging of rust just starting along the bottom of the doors. With Nokia tires I have driven this car thru blizzards and floods. As a single mom, I need reliability. It has never left me stranded. It is a no-frills version, so there were no gadgets to breakdown. Still gets 30 mpg and the interior still looks like new. Seats have been very durable. I don't think you can go wrong buying a used Cavalier if you are looking for basic transportation. This has been the best car!

Cheap ride
By Import Owner on 09/30/06 19:17 PM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan 4dr Sedan

We've had our Cavalier for several months, and I've logged a quite a few miles on it. Overall, this is a nice car for costing a few thousand dollars. It's fairly zippy around in town and can get around at freeway speeds just fine with a little coaxing. It works like a tool should, but is not as enjoyable to drive as most other cars I've driven.

Not Bad
By Not bad on 07/18/06 15:34 PM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan 4dr Sedan

I got my 1999 cavalier April first 2002 and I've had the car 4 years now. I got it with 12000 miles and now it has 80000 and I haven't had one problem out of this car except for the ABS system failed, but it's run smooth since I got it. Be careful how you drive it because it can be easy to mess it up. If you want a fast car or a sports car, buy somthing else because this won't last. Take care of it regular maintainace and it can last you a long while. With a few simple parts such as a supercharger and a backcat exhaust system you could get 218hp out of it

I love my car
By jbodyfreak8802 on 08/26/05 16:03 PM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

My car is a 99 cavalier LS 4 door. It's a great little car, and it's pretty quick for stock. I havent had any trouble out of it motor wise. But the front tires kinda need to be swaped out. The little 2.4 is really spunky for lack of a better word. Its 155 hp can get you down the road just fine at cruise or passing. I love the car. It's a good all around car.The handling could be tightened up. It tends to understeer but I guess thats what hapens when you need front tires. All and all its a great little car.

This Car is awful!
By CavalierHater on 06/02/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan 4dr Sedan

I've had this cavalier for 2 years now and I just cant get it out of the shop. Besides it being ugly and small, the car has had bad brakes, bad spark plugs put in, very bad gas milage, engine mount problems, alignment problems, bad computer system, oil leaks, cracked air seals, not to mentino all the other problems i've fixed. DONT EVER BUYY A CAVALIER, EVER!!

1999 Chevorlet, Cavilier
By Elizabeth Pullum on 11/07/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

To whom it may concern: To let you know that my car has been a great service to me and still going strong.

Lots of problems
By bikrchick on 10/03/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan 4dr Sedan

rebuilt transmission, steering gear, heater core, 3 instrument clusters, 2 alternators, bad brakes, bad spark plug wires, bad strut mounts, mystery problem with voltage idiot light and digital odometer display