1999 Chevrolet Cavalier - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cavalier model:
The BEST FUN Car I've ever had
By botx on 06/14/12 15:26 PM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24 2dr Convertible

My favorite car WAS a '67 GTO convertible but when money got tight, it squeezed me even more for repairs & gas. When replacement parts gave in, then it was time to find something 1/3 the cost. Then in 1999, I found IT. All fun, no misery, reliable, dealer support A++ This is an AUTOMATIC transmission

Mostly reliable for 10 years
By ski on 10/26/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24 2dr Convertible

Reliable car for ten years, but then the car started overheating when idling even though the thermostat and radiator have been replaced. A small oil leak later occurred at the rear of the engine. An AC hose near the firewall was designed poorly because it created a hole due to rubbing on another part. The side window motor failed. Otherwise no other major parts have been replaced. A previous inspection showed the code for a transmission problem but it works fine. There is no body rust and the original exhaust system is still used. The top is in good shape. Although the body is in good shape, I was hoping to get more mileage out of the car.

Fun economy convertible
By mikes on 07/06/08 05:37 AM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24 2dr Convertible

I bought this car new. I had to take it back three times to have them fix the wind noise. They finally figured out that they had to adjust the rear window stop so it would fit flush with the front window. Ride is quite harsh, you feel all the bumps, but engine is peppy. Power top works easily. Could have used overdrive gear for better fuel economy.

Nice sporty car
By Dustin on 03/16/05 21:35 PM (PST)

1999 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24 2dr Convertible

This car really has some zip to it and nothing beats riding with the top down. If you find one without a crack in the dash, its a rare find. Seems that everyone has it. It also likes to leak water, but hey its a convertible. Also has a good deal of wind noise, but again its a convertible. Great car for the money

One Speedy Devil
By One Speedy Devil on 09/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24 2dr Convertible

I really like how the car drives the only thing i would have liked to see that was different on the car was a better seal for water. it leaks like crazy but all and all, a very nice car

exceptional
By MommaOf2 on 01/19/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24 2dr Convertible

perfect car for the first time driver! Highly recommended, would not buy anything else for any of my children

Fun little ragtop for the money
By fradel61 on 02/15/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24 2dr Convertible

This wasn't my first choice for a replacement vehicle, but in retrospec I really enjoy this little car. It has some zip to it. Nicely equipped anti-locks, cd player pw/w/l ect. The front end has a tendency to pitch on curves and handling is only so-so.You feel every bump in the road, but for the money don't expect the handling of a Viper. Great car to just drive with the top down and the music playing. Would I buy it again....yeah I think so.

My new car
By DTorrez on 01/30/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24 2dr Convertible

I love this car! I have had it for about 2 weeks now and I really can't say about the reliability or the performance of the car. Just on what I have experienced it's great.

Keepin' the Ragtop!
By Keepin' this one on 03/13/02 21:29 PM (PST)

1999 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24 2dr Convertible

My leased Z24 convertible is my second Cavalier Z24 and replaced the 1997 Coupe. Everything (except automatic transmission) is standard, at a reasonable price!! I've had no major problems with either car. My lease is ends August 2002 and even though I've looked at everything made including the RS Sport Coupe, the ZCav's replacement, I've decided to buy out the lease and keep this car!

1999 Chev Z24 Convertible
By Elvis on 03/04/02 20:57 PM (PST)

1999 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24 2dr Convertible

Engine revs quickly and is responsive. 5-speed transmission feels really nice. Clutch grabs near the top allowing fast shifts. Front and rear strut braces keep the steering tight when taking corners. Suspension is fairly stiff, you feel all the bumps but the handling is good. There are better convertibles out there, but nothing as good as this car for anywhere near the price. This car was less than twenty thousand USD new with all options selected (except automatic transmission).