Used 1999 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1999 Chevrolet Cavalier - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cavalier model:

Good little car!
By Nicolek

1999 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24 2dr Coupe

I have had this car for 6 years now and I just loved it. I had to replace starter, alternator, battery 2x, struts, and other basic repairs most of which were under warranty at the time. The engine started to burn oil a little over a year ago, but I've never had any major problems. It's got some get up and go and has been pretty reliable. It has 177k on it and now its showing signs of expensive repairs to come. It wears brakes and rotors pretty bad, and now needs new shocks in the rear, and just replaced another strut. It was really great in the beginning, but with age comes problems. Not a bad car for a young person and they are fairly inexpensive.

Fun little car, good engine, reliable.

Garbage
By stan

1999 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24 2dr Coupe

Bought a 1999 Chevrolet cavalier z24, total garbage, so many problems, starting from my sunroof, doesn't close all the way to burnt out power window motors and abs light always staying on. The 2.4 L twin cam engine sounds like rocks in a tin can, very disappointed with Chevrolet, will never ever buy American made cars ever again! Imports here I come!

My tax receipt after donating it to the kidney foundation

Everything

White 1999 Cavalier-Z24, 2dr. coupe
By Pippy

1999 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24 2dr Coupe

I bought my cavalier-Z24 new in fall of 1998 (1999 model yr.)and I still own it! It has 52,000 miles on it and runs/looks great! If I could purchase a 2010 Cav.-z24, I'd buy on in a heartbeat! Luv this car, had/have no problems with it this far, everything works fine :) luv this car!

The Z24 body style ground effects, power sunroof, wide low-profile tires, White.

Could use a bit of sound-proofing from outside noises when driving it.

Great car
By Punkin3785

1999 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24 2dr Coupe

I get awesome gas mileage. This car has a lot of pickup and is always reliable. I couldn't have asked for a better car... only bad thing is, I just foung out that mine didnt come with a lug wrench...and the lugnuts are inverted so you can't use a universal wrench... so I'm searching for one to obtain before i get a flat tire and am up the creek without a paddle.

The steering wheel has a compfy grip and the seats are so compfortable to sit in for long periods of time. I can't get enough of my sunroof either.

The only thing i think that would make it a little better is if it had a bigger windsheild washer fluid container. I am obsessed with washing my window shield and i always run out...

Decent car for the price
By Jason

1999 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24 2dr Coupe

I have owned this car for at least 4 months, put about 3k miles on it, and already I've had to get it into the shop, once for an oil leak, another for the timing-chain valve cover, and guess what? I just found out I have to take it in for repairs that will run me about $915-950. My power window motors are also showing signs of the motor dying. I'd strongly advise any Cavalier Z24 buyers to keep an eye on the engine repeatedly after the purchase.

2.4 liter engine, fog lights, quick pick-up, remote keyless entry, CD player, sunroof

Water pump, timing-chain valve cover, make the cupholder slightly bigger, make power window motors more dependable