Great Car, had some problems, but its OK
By GloryHorn on
1998 Chevrolet Cavalier 4dr Sedan
Well, this would be my first car that I ever bought for myself. It runs great and as long as you do some INTELLIGENT maintainence, you won't have any problems like other people have with this type of car. Right now, the only problems I have popping up is the tension arm on the serpentine belt is making noise and the seals on top of the engine are oozing oil. But they're easily fixed. People need to have some sense about cars if they're going to buy one. If you don't know anything about cars, you shouldn't own one.
Favorite Features
Great pickup on acceleration, the reason I bought it instead of an $8k car that had no accel. when I put the gas to the floor to merge into fast traffic on the freeway. The dash is big and flat. Good place to put stuff if you're stopping to eat on the road.
Suggested Improvements
Oil filter EXACTLY over the exhaust pipe?! Every time I change the oil, it causes such an odor. The engine compartment needs a bit more space for working in. Had to struggle to get the radiator fan out when the motor burnt out.