1998 Chevrolet Cavalier - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cavalier model:
Not Good!
By Shanna on 07/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Chevrolet Cavalier RS 2dr Coupe

I have had my cavalier for almost three years and i've put more than 2 thousand dollars into it in a matter of a year. Something is always going wrong and it only starts up when it wants to. There is however nothing wrong with the car i have had it looked at several times. I wouldn't recommend purchasing any cavalier to anyone!

Great little car.
By Chad123 on 07/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Chevrolet Cavalier 2dr Coupe

I have owned this car for 4 years now since it was brand new. I have had nothing happen with it and the only work that has been done is the scheduled maintenance. I have the automatic with AC and a CD player and everything performs great. I live in SD where the snow falls often and this car has done very well, especially the ABS and Traction Control. Performance is decent considering its a little 4 cyl engine.

Best Car I've Owned So Far !!
By Warren L on 06/23/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Chevrolet Cavalier LS 4dr Sedan

This car has been an awesome car for my family to travel in. It has plenty of room for baggage in the trunk, and enough room for the 4 of us inside the car. I've been able to carry long items by lowering the back seat and sliding the item through the trunk. The power this type of car has is remarkable to say the least. I installed a great set of spark plugs after I bought the car, and it flys! When I press on the gas after stopping it picks up and goes immediately. On the highway when passing, I'm impressed as to how quickly it moves around the other car. It idles smoothly and quietly, and gas mileage is great for this cars size.

Good old Chevy
By debvalentine on 06/16/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24 2dr Convertible

Great car and fun to drive.

love it
By beigheye on 05/30/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Chevrolet Cavalier 2dr Coupe

You feel safe, it is a cute car, and everything is designed for the driver's convience. Great value car.

Not bad, but not the best
By annm on 05/02/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Chevrolet Cavalier 2dr Coupe

Bought this car used with an extended warranty a week ago. From what I can tell so far, it has decent pickup, a nice look, and ample features. I heard it doens't always handle well, but I dont' find that to be the case. It could be bc of the tires bc on this car they're wider than the standard.

Good
By Axem on 04/24/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Chevrolet Cavalier 2dr Coupe

I have been driven this car for more than two year, with no mayor problem, I drive 100 miles daily to work and he never left me down. Maintance is the key for this car

Good cheap car
By JenniE on 04/18/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Chevrolet Cavalier LS 4dr Sedan

I've used this car for my commute for the past 3 years. So far it's been very reliable. Sure, there's normal wear and tear on brakes and such, but for the price I paid for it, it's been great. The car's at 80K now, and I have not had any problems with it yet. I'm not planning on getting rid of it until at least 110K.

Cavalier
By ChazH on 04/01/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Chevrolet Cavalier RS 2dr Coupe

This car is small and quicker than I expected. It is a five speed, which makes the fuel economy even higher. I usually get 480mpg. There is alot of aftermarket items avaliable which makes it easy to up the performance. I would highly recomend this car to anyone.

Cavalier - Outdated and old.
By tman7773 on 03/29/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Chevrolet Cavalier RS 2dr Coupe

The exterior and interior design looks about 10 years behind every other compact car. The brakes, manual transmission, acceleration and steering all feel cheap, rough and weak. All 4 brakes went at 35,000 km and had to be replaced when I started feeling a warp when braking. I hit a ground hog while driving and that resulted in a $650 replacement of my radiator. When the car idled it idled rough and I was told by the service techs that there was nothing wrong with the car. The vents that aim the air popped out place now and again. The odd time ( 3 times) I'd hear a horrible racket in my vents, and out would pop a dried up whirly bird helicopter from a tree.