Used 1998 Chevrolet Cavalier Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1998 Chevrolet Cavalier - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cavalier model:

Great car
By nick

1998 Chevrolet Cavalier LS 4dr Sedan

I had two recalls. That is good in my book. This car is great on fuel and cheap to run. Overall it's a great car. Even at 270,000 km it's running great.

The paint. The look overall

A better seam on the bottom of the doors. A little rust starting

Cavalier is a worthy car to own one.
By Road Runner 2000

1998 Chevrolet Cavalier 2dr Coupe

Driving control and stability is excellent, especially on highways, comparing to the car in the same segment such as Civic, Corolla and Focus. Surprisingly, it's even better than Camary and Accord of the same year model. The acceleration is very impressive even though equipped with a shy horsepower engine. However, the engine is torquey. That compensates for the car's weight quite well. Fuel consumption is outstanding on highways and resonable in town. Car's appearance is handsome, and roomier than the like ones. C-Pillar looks very beautiful. I like this the best.

C-pillars. Acceleration, driving stability and manuvering. Seat comfort. Roomy cabin. Storage net in the trunk, and folding back seat.

Reduce the car's weight. Lower the ground clearance. Split folding back seat. Everthing else is good.

A sad goodbye
By Kristina

1998 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24 2dr Convertible

I bought my convertible new in 1998. I love this car. I have owned this car for 8 years. My car had 140,000 miles at the time of its death. My car was totaled by a full size Explorer (and the car took the hit). My Cavalier was the best car I ever owned. It never gave me any real problems except for the AC went out once but it was an easy fix. I am sad to see this car go.

The speed of the 4cylinder is so fast. Cruising with the top down.

Nothing

Can't beat it!
By johnny-boy

1998 Chevrolet Cavalier RS 2dr Coupe

I've put 100,580 miles on this jewel and never had to think about it quitting. I drive a car hard and this one just keeps on goin'. New brakes once, new rear struts once. The 2.2 liter engine is more than I exspected. I'll cruise at 70-75 all day and just relax and listen to the radio.

Peppy engine runs smooth and will pass another car with not much effort.

More A/C vents for rear compartment, larger fuel tank.

Love my Z!
By SHVD98Z24

1998 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24 2dr Coupe

I bought this car used with 23000 miles on it and it now has 41000 miles on it....6 years later....I know...I only drive it 3000 miles a year but it's a blast. I have done bodywork and stereo systems, lowered it, big rims, you name it. The stock parts hold up well. It isn't like the foreign cars where you have to upgrade 2 other things to upgrade one. The engine is strong...as strong as any non turbo foreign motor. The only problems I have ever had are electrical and thats from adding stuff on. The ignition system is pretty complicated in these cars.

Smooth flowing body and lines....has a heavy feel...I had a 95 Saturn SC1 before this car and it felt like a feather on the road....like wind would blow it away. When you sit behing the wheel of this car....you feel like you are in something solid. Great value!

Window motors do weaken quickly over time......electrical system is pretty complicated!

• SUV