1998 Chevrolet Cavalier - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cavalier model:
Not exciting, but reliable
By yeti on 06/18/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Chevrolet Cavalier LS 4dr Sedan

This is my second Cavelier, bought new in 1997. For both of them, the engines held up extrememly well as I piled on the miles, but they were not particularly exciting to drive. In hindsight, I should have plunked down the money for a Honda Civic for not much difference in price and gotten a little better milage and better long term reliability and resale value.

Heather's car
By Heather on 03/28/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Chevrolet Cavalier 2dr Coupe

Everything has went really well except the alternater went out and made my battary go dead and left me stranded because i forget my cell phone. It has excellent gas milliage and gets me everywhere i want to go!! have fun!! Its the perfect car for me im a teenager!!!!!

My Cavi is great
By msenne on 02/26/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Chevrolet Cavalier 2dr Coupe

Great car. I like it because its sporty and economical.

Practical and classy
By ccvi on 02/10/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Chevrolet Cavalier LS 4dr Sedan

This vehicle was comfortable, efficient, responsive and performed well both in city and open road driving. The extra boost needed from the engine when passing another vehicle was always just a press on the pedal away. It hugged the road giving a feeling of security and safety. Seat design gave support and comfort with its easy adjustment capacity. There is more space for both front and back seat passengers than in some larger model cars. There were no major engine problems during the 128,000 miles the vehicle was driven. Regular maintenance brought the result of not even an oil leak, even at 128,000 miles.

Always good to go!
By imdante on 01/31/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Chevrolet Cavalier 2dr Coupe

my wife and I had this car for 4 years 11 months (1 more month till paid off!). somebody rear ended our car yesterday. anyhow we were both sad to see it go. this car was always great to us. all that we had to do is change the oil. that's it. we took this car to Las Vegas all the time. never any problems. I've heard some not so good things about the cavalier, but ours was great and I would buy another one no questions asked! I would highly recommend!

Very Nice Car
By ben123 on 01/29/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Chevrolet Cavalier 2dr Coupe

Had no problems, besides the clutch but I changed it, and had no more problems.

1998 Chevy Cavalier..pretty good car
By Erika on 01/28/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Chevrolet Cavalier RS 2dr Coupe

I've had my car close to 3 years...I would recommend this to anyone for a first car...Cavaliers must in general be good cars...i mean they keep making them year after year...through the years...i replaced the battery, tires, ignition switch, and serpintine belt...usual oil changes, and transmission change, brakes were put on also...but in my opinion these were typical maintenance jobs within a 3 year time...

Sexy little car
By CarLA98 on 12/20/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24 2dr Convertible

The problems I have had with this car are minor. I had a window rattle in the door which the dealership fixed, I had to replace the brakes after 30,000. The sound system is good, but don't try to crank it up too much. The one big problem I have had with this car is the cigarette lighter. For some reason, using it to charge my cell phone caused an electrical short which at various times caused the horn not to work or the roof not to go up or down. By and large I am very happy with this car. I like the way it looks, it can comfortably seat five "normal" sized people, and with the back seat folding down I have a lot of versatility in transporting things.

Cavalier RS
By Ecavalier17 on 12/16/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Chevrolet Cavalier RS 2dr Coupe

Great car...Kicks the crap out of my friends Impreza 2.5 automatic. haha

Chevy Cavalier
By Blondie on 12/14/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Chevrolet Cavalier 4dr Sedan

This car is great for a college student it is good on gas and great in the snow