1998 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cavalier model:
Why do I get stuck with the lemons
By teacake on 09/17/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

This car is already giving me problems

Avoid at all costs
By Matt198 on 08/03/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan 4dr Sedan

I bought the car new at the beginning of 1998. Within four months/4,000 miles, the car had its first problem-- ruptured fuel pump I think--and that was only the beginning. Over the course of the next two or so years, the car, an automatic, would sporadically stall without warning or cause. On top of all that, GM refused to acknowledge the problem until the car stalled out as I was leaving the dealership. Anyway, I sold the car during summer 2000 and bought a Protege--I couldn't be happier with the new car.

Best Car I've Owned So Far !!
By Warren L on 06/23/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

This car has been an awesome car for my family to travel in. It has plenty of room for baggage in the trunk, and enough room for the 4 of us inside the car. I've been able to carry long items by lowering the back seat and sliding the item through the trunk. The power this type of car has is remarkable to say the least. I installed a great set of spark plugs after I bought the car, and it flys! When I press on the gas after stopping it picks up and goes immediately. On the highway when passing, I'm impressed as to how quickly it moves around the other car. It idles smoothly and quietly, and gas mileage is great for this cars size.

Good cheap car
By JenniE on 04/18/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

I've used this car for my commute for the past 3 years. So far it's been very reliable. Sure, there's normal wear and tear on brakes and such, but for the price I paid for it, it's been great. The car's at 80K now, and I have not had any problems with it yet. I'm not planning on getting rid of it until at least 110K.