Used 1998 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1998 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cavalier model:

Best car I ever owned
By Kelli

1998 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe RS 2dr Coupe

I bought my cavalier in 2004. It now has over 200,000 miles on it and it still drives like I just bought it! It is by far the best car I have ever owned. I would never buy any other kind of car . Go Chevy!

Performance!

What a great buy
By bandit88

1998 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe 2dr Coupe

I bought this car as the second owner with 234, 000 miles on it, about three years ago. I've put about 60,000 miles on it and I've put minimal amount of money in it. It is fun to drive, easy to learn stick on, and I average 33 mpg with most highway miles. This car owes me nothing!

The manual trans, the peppy 2.2, and the spoiler in the back

The cupholder in the front; its only good for cans

Great little car
By EX E4

1998 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe 2dr Coupe

I currently have about 250,000 miles and all I have had to do was replace the clutch and an a/c line (besides regular maintenance). I drive 90 miles a day to work and back and average about 30 mpg. This car has never left me stranded. The original battery lasted 8 years!

Fuel economy, manual transmission, CD player and a/c. I'm easy to please.

None.This is a Cavalier not a Corvette, just get me where I want without breaking down and I'm happy. I definetely got my money's worth out of this car!

Great car, great price
By P

1998 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe Z24 2dr Coupe

This was my first new car and has served me very well over the last 10 years. I use it exclusively for driving to work and put very few miles on it. For the most part no complaints. The battery post corroded from the inside after 10 years, can't beat that. CD broke after 9, but radio still works fine. Driver's window motor and A/C stopped working after 8 years. The A/C is something under the dash that is way too much to spend on a 10 year old car and the window motor, switch and relay has been replaced numerous times and it still doesn't work. Car always starts and still get 27 mpg average after 10 years. Great pick up for a 4 cyl. Most reliable car I've ever had.

Reliability, pick up and mpg can't be beat!

I should have gotten a longer warranty!

Fun to drive, great on gas, unbeaten!
By bigbird91

1998 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe Z24 2dr Coupe

We purchased our 1998 Cavalier Z-24 coupe (2.2, 5 speed manual, the car had an engine change after previous owner blew the engine using NOS). Even with the smaller engine, this car is very fast, it's a piece of cake to do a burnout. It has been very reliable, it has about 150,000 miles on it now. It gets great gas mileage (about 38 to the gallon if my dad drives, about 30 if I drive, but I'm 16 and like to punch it.) Over all, this car is great, handles way better than the non Z-24 version, and looks great.

Manual transmimssion, CD player is loud

Make the power windows faster, less squeaking in the dashboard.