Used 1998 Chevrolet Cavalier LS Sedan Consumer Reviews - 15 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1998 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan - Consumer Reviews

1998 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan

View reviews for a specific Cavalier model:

My very first car, and boy am I happy wiith it!
By Jesus

1998 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

I bought this car for $850 from some shady dude. I was skeptical since it's my first time buying a car but I think I got a pretty good deal! Car has 208k miles on it and it runs like a champ. I've owned it for around 6 months now, drive it everyday for work. Gas mileage is amazing, 15 bucks fills the tank and it lasts around a week and half! It handles beautifully and it's pretty fast too. It currently has only 2 issues, the gas gauge went bad and it needs the passenger side engine mount replaced, but it's nothing serious or that can't be fixed. I truly recommend this car if you're looking for your first car.

After 13 yrs, it is still going
By opitmus01co

1998 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

I bought this car in 1997. I have had no problems with it what so ever. I has currently 159,000 miles on it. It is good in snow, and handles well. This is my 4th cavalier, as we go back to 1984 when I bought the wagon version. I wish they still made a wagon. Hubby and I have both owned one each. I am in the market for a new car, and I will give this one to the kids to drive. It will last a while longer.

Great Used Car!
By DSFan4Life

1998 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

I bought this car used a little over 2 years ago & I am a lot happier than I thought I would be with it. It does great on the highway when you need to pass people. It gets ~30 mpg regularly. It does amazingly well in snow for a small car. And it does well in grass too. I would definitely recommend if you don't need a huge car.

Cruise control, gas mileage, reliability.

Make height of seats adjustable.

Good car
By fully1977

1998 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

Just took 2 kids and a car-load of stuff on a 150 mile one-way trip; 74mph; and still got 35.8mpg! "Only" got 30mpg on the return, but that included 3 days of stop & go driving to work.

Looks pretty good.

Door sills starting to rust. Blower motor resistor out (again).

Pretty good for first car
By Jonathan O

1998 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

I bought this 2 weeks before I graduated. It had some problems with fuel injectors, and throttle body. After I got that fixed it has been fine ever since.

2.4L engine.