Used 1998 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1998 Chevrolet Cavalier - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cavalier model:

After 13 yrs, it is still going
By opitmus01co

1998 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

I bought this car in 1997. I have had no problems with it what so ever. I has currently 159,000 miles on it. It is good in snow, and handles well. This is my 4th cavalier, as we go back to 1984 when I bought the wagon version. I wish they still made a wagon. Hubby and I have both owned one each. I am in the market for a new car, and I will give this one to the kids to drive. It will last a while longer.

98 cavilier 4dr
By Joe

1998 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan 4dr Sedan

I have recently come to own a cavalier. Now I'm no stranger to understanding a good car from a bad one, and this one is certainly on the downer list. I can respectfully say deigned interior well, decent on gas. But lacks in power and suspension is weak. Car wasn't abused too badly but will look to get rid of this horrible lil car as soon as possible. I do not recommend this car to anyone. These cars were designed poorly. For a 4 dr it should have more power so that when you do have passengers it doesn't sound like the engine has to work so hard. Driver and maybe one passenger, that's it.

Favorite Features

decent gas miles,

Suggested Improvements

serious designing issues. suspension is weak from the factory, and not much thought was put into design. don't recommend such a car to anyone.

Great Car
By Joe B.

1998 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan 4dr Sedan

I bought this brand new back in 1998. This was actually my very first new car. After all these years, there has been minor fixes to it, great on gas, and reliable compared to other cars I've owned. To date, this car has over 106,000 miles and still drives on the highway the same way it did when I bought it. The only issues I've had with the car are after all these years, the paint is a beginning to discolor, but it is not that noticeable. The body and inside is still in great shape. In the past, it had sustained some good number of impacts. The gas is great compared to other cars. I highly recommend this car to anyone who wants to own a great and reliable car.

Favorite Features

Reliability, gas mileage, stylish look

Suggested Improvements

extended paint life that will last for over 12 years or more.

Great Used Car!
By DSFan4Life

1998 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

I bought this car used a little over 2 years ago & I am a lot happier than I thought I would be with it. It does great on the highway when you need to pass people. It gets ~30 mpg regularly. It does amazingly well in snow for a small car. And it does well in grass too. I would definitely recommend if you don't need a huge car.

Favorite Features

Cruise control, gas mileage, reliability.

Suggested Improvements

Make height of seats adjustable.

reliable
By pb

1998 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan 4dr Sedan

I have owned this car for 10 years and I'm sitting at 200000 miles and no major repairs yet. I wish all chevys were this reliable.