1998 Chevrolet Cavalier - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cavalier model:
Best car I ever owned
By Kelli on 07/29/09 07:26 AM (PDT)

1998 Chevrolet Cavalier RS 2dr Coupe

I bought my cavalier in 2004. It now has over 200,000 miles on it and it still drives like I just bought it! It is by far the best car I have ever owned. I would never buy any other kind of car . Go Chevy!

Can't beat it!
By johnny-boy on 05/09/06 18:29 PM (PDT)

1998 Chevrolet Cavalier RS 2dr Coupe

I've put 100,580 miles on this jewel and never had to think about it quitting. I drive a car hard and this one just keeps on goin'. New brakes once, new rear struts once. The 2.2 liter engine is more than I exspected. I'll cruise at 70-75 all day and just relax and listen to the radio.

I love my Chevy
By Jules on 05/25/05 12:24 PM (PDT)

1998 Chevrolet Cavalier RS 2dr Coupe

I bought my 98 Cavalier brand new, in September of 1998. I have driven this car 124,000+ miles. It has taken me all over the east coast, with no issues. This car is very reliable. I have replaced, tires, brakes, and battery, and just had to get new rear struts 6 months ago. No other repairs have ever been needed other then an occasional factory recall. Right now I have Toyo tires on it, and it drives better then ever. The only complaint that I have is that my family has outgrown it, and I am now looking to buy something bigger.

Too much money spent to keep car running
By Joerell on 11/10/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Chevrolet Cavalier RS 2dr Coupe

I have a 1998 Chevrolet cavalier rs, which now have 90k. This car has been the worst. My brakes went 3 times in a year and a half, which didnt come cheap. at 81,000 mile my gasket went, at 89,000 my alternator went, now at 90k it in the shop because of its transmission. After a while the trunk wouldnt close so i had to get new lock parts for it as well as the drivers door. It seems like the car is in the shop more than on the road. For a student or a 1st time buyer this was the worst car, in the future i would stay away from american cars. My mom have a Subaru Legacy Out., which have well over 100k,the only expensive thing she paid for was brakes.

Great little car!
By REVBOO on 10/14/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Chevrolet Cavalier RS 2dr Coupe

The best part about this car is the maintenence costs. I've owned it since new and have never had to spend anything on repairs. I'm just now starting to spend on normal items that wear out (tires, brakes, etc.). The only thing that has been replaced on it is the stereo. The CD player quite working while under warranty.

1998 Chevy Cavalier..pretty good car
By Erika on 01/28/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Chevrolet Cavalier RS 2dr Coupe

I've had my car close to 3 years...I would recommend this to anyone for a first car...Cavaliers must in general be good cars...i mean they keep making them year after year...through the years...i replaced the battery, tires, ignition switch, and serpintine belt...usual oil changes, and transmission change, brakes were put on also...but in my opinion these were typical maintenance jobs within a 3 year time...

Cavalier RS
By Ecavalier17 on 12/16/02 00:00 AM (PST)

Great car...Kicks the crap out of my friends Impreza 2.5 automatic. haha

Cav
By Spick on 10/05/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Chevrolet Cavalier RS 2dr Coupe

It has gotten me through it all; rain, sleet, snow. And has not died on me yet.

Not Good!
By Shanna on 07/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Chevrolet Cavalier RS 2dr Coupe

I have had my cavalier for almost three years and i've put more than 2 thousand dollars into it in a matter of a year. Something is always going wrong and it only starts up when it wants to. There is however nothing wrong with the car i have had it looked at several times. I wouldn't recommend purchasing any cavalier to anyone!

Cavalier
By ChazH on 04/01/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Chevrolet Cavalier RS 2dr Coupe

This car is small and quicker than I expected. It is a five speed, which makes the fuel economy even higher. I usually get 480mpg. There is alot of aftermarket items avaliable which makes it easy to up the performance. I would highly recomend this car to anyone.