1998 Chevrolet Cavalier - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cavalier model:
Amazing!!!
By rush_2112 on 03/10/11 14:47 PM (PST)

1998 Chevrolet Cavalier 2dr Coupe

I have owned my Cavalier for about 6 months now and I couldn't be happier with my purchase. The Vehicle was a trade in at the dealership I work at. I have always wanted a Cavalier so I inspected it and test drove it right away. It had 119,000 miles on it and the only problem I noticed was it was leaking antifreeze very fast so I new it wasn't the head gasket. I decided to purchase the Cavalier knowing I could replace the water pump myself for $15.00 with lifetime warranty! After I fixed the water pump I have never had a single problem with the vehicle. I drive it everyday to work, pleasure and trips and it has never let me down. People writing bad reveiws don't know how to take care of cars.

Blown mind
By jim on 09/01/10 17:21 PM (PDT)

1998 Chevrolet Cavalier 2dr Coupe

Purchased this car from a friend. Car has seen better days with the scratches and typical rust. But after about 154,000 miles engine seized. Good cars I just found a bad one in the six I have owned.

The Catfish of cars (they just don't die)
By Jolex on 07/29/10 18:12 PM (PDT)

1998 Chevrolet Cavalier 2dr Coupe

They say that cars are a liability not an investment, but my 1998 Cavalier proved that statement wrong! I bought mine brand new and drove it for 13 years. It still runs and the only thing I ever really needed to do was regular maintenance. It's been through a lot and if anyone says that a Chevy is no good then there is no way that they have ever truly owned one. I would recommend a Chevy to anyone. It was worth every penny and it showed that American made cars are at the top of the list with foreign competition. I loved my car and my faith in Chevy will never be diminished.

What a great buy
By bandit88 on 04/14/09 15:59 PM (PDT)

1998 Chevrolet Cavalier 2dr Coupe

I bought this car as the second owner with 234, 000 miles on it, about three years ago. I've put about 60,000 miles on it and I've put minimal amount of money in it. It is fun to drive, easy to learn stick on, and I average 33 mpg with most highway miles. This car owes me nothing!

Great little car
By EX E4 on 07/13/08 11:12 AM (PDT)

1998 Chevrolet Cavalier 2dr Coupe

I currently have about 250,000 miles and all I have had to do was replace the clutch and an a/c line (besides regular maintenance). I drive 90 miles a day to work and back and average about 30 mpg. This car has never left me stranded. The original battery lasted 8 years!

Cavi
By lbc on 05/08/08 17:41 PM (PDT)

1998 Chevrolet Cavalier 2dr Coupe

I got my car at 80,000 miles and now its at 100,000. I love her. I had to replace the power steering pump once. And theres rust eating at the bottom of my car but I love how I have never seen my check engine light. This car has been perfect.

Cavalier is a worthy car to own one.
By Road Runner 2000 on 09/16/06 06:51 AM (PDT)

1998 Chevrolet Cavalier 2dr Coupe

Driving control and stability is excellent, especially on highways, comparing to the car in the same segment such as Civic, Corolla and Focus. Surprisingly, it's even better than Camary and Accord of the same year model. The acceleration is very impressive even though equipped with a shy horsepower engine. However, the engine is torquey. That compensates for the car's weight quite well. Fuel consumption is outstanding on highways and resonable in town. Car's appearance is handsome, and roomier than the like ones. C-Pillar looks very beautiful. I like this the best.

Driving till the wheels fall off
By Scottyd on 03/31/05 10:14 AM (PST)

1998 Chevrolet Cavalier 2dr Coupe

I now have 206,000 miles on my Cavalier and it is still running like a champ! I still get roughly 33 mpg and I don't ever use any oil. The only major repairs were that I replaced the front brakes and rotors twice, and both front bearings twice, but it has never let me down. Great Car!

Reliable Cavalier
By JMeadows on 08/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Chevrolet Cavalier 2dr Coupe

A very good, reliable and gas friendly vehicle. Very little up keep; other than basic oil changes, etc.

Love my Cavy
By PDizzle on 05/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Chevrolet Cavalier 2dr Coupe

This car has been cheap and reliable for me since I bought it with 12,000 miles. I had to put wider tires on it and tweak the engine for more power, but other than that it has been quick, comfortable and fun to drive.