Used 1998 Chevrolet Cavalier Base Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1998 Chevrolet Cavalier - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cavalier model:

Amazing!!!
By rush_2112

1998 Chevrolet Cavalier 2dr Coupe

I have owned my Cavalier for about 6 months now and I couldn't be happier with my purchase. The Vehicle was a trade in at the dealership I work at. I have always wanted a Cavalier so I inspected it and test drove it right away. It had 119,000 miles on it and the only problem I noticed was it was leaking antifreeze very fast so I new it wasn't the head gasket. I decided to purchase the Cavalier knowing I could replace the water pump myself for $15.00 with lifetime warranty! After I fixed the water pump I have never had a single problem with the vehicle. I drive it everyday to work, pleasure and trips and it has never let me down. People writing bad reveiws don't know how to take care of cars.

Favorite Features

The size, shape and peppiness. It handles amazing turning on a dime and handles perfect in all weather.

Suggested Improvements

None.

Blown mind
By jim

1998 Chevrolet Cavalier 2dr Coupe

Purchased this car from a friend. Car has seen better days with the scratches and typical rust. But after about 154,000 miles engine seized. Good cars I just found a bad one in the six I have owned.

Favorite Features

Fact a six foot person like myself fits comfortably inside with room to stretch

The Catfish of cars (they just don't die)
By Jolex

1998 Chevrolet Cavalier 2dr Coupe

They say that cars are a liability not an investment, but my 1998 Cavalier proved that statement wrong! I bought mine brand new and drove it for 13 years. It still runs and the only thing I ever really needed to do was regular maintenance. It's been through a lot and if anyone says that a Chevy is no good then there is no way that they have ever truly owned one. I would recommend a Chevy to anyone. It was worth every penny and it showed that American made cars are at the top of the list with foreign competition. I loved my car and my faith in Chevy will never be diminished.

What a great buy
By bandit88

1998 Chevrolet Cavalier 2dr Coupe

I bought this car as the second owner with 234, 000 miles on it, about three years ago. I've put about 60,000 miles on it and I've put minimal amount of money in it. It is fun to drive, easy to learn stick on, and I average 33 mpg with most highway miles. This car owes me nothing!

Favorite Features

The manual trans, the peppy 2.2, and the spoiler in the back

Suggested Improvements

The cupholder in the front; its only good for cans

Great little car
By EX E4

1998 Chevrolet Cavalier 2dr Coupe

I currently have about 250,000 miles and all I have had to do was replace the clutch and an a/c line (besides regular maintenance). I drive 90 miles a day to work and back and average about 30 mpg. This car has never left me stranded. The original battery lasted 8 years!

Favorite Features

Fuel economy, manual transmission, CD player and a/c. I'm easy to please.

Suggested Improvements

None.This is a Cavalier not a Corvette, just get me where I want without breaking down and I'm happy. I definetely got my money's worth out of this car!