Used 1998 Chevrolet Cavalier Base Consumer Reviews - 21 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1998 Chevrolet Cavalier - Consumer Reviews

1998 Chevrolet Cavalier

View reviews for a specific Cavalier model:

My pal
By Rolling Cherry

1998 Chevrolet Cavalier 4dr Sedan

My cavalier has been an amazing car! I purchased it in 2009 with 140,000 miles and now 7 years later it is still running with 219,000 miles. It has never left me stranded. Of course as with any car, I have had to do regular maintenance as well as some wear and tear repairs. I had one major repair of the head gasket in 2012, but seeing as the car has continued to run great for another 4 years, I would say it was definitely worth the investment. This car gives me freedom to drive through town, explore in the the country and travel on interstate trips.

98 cavilier 4dr
By Joe

1998 Chevrolet Cavalier 4dr Sedan

I have recently come to own a cavalier. Now I'm no stranger to understanding a good car from a bad one, and this one is certainly on the downer list. I can respectfully say deigned interior well, decent on gas. But lacks in power and suspension is weak. Car wasn't abused too badly but will look to get rid of this horrible lil car as soon as possible. I do not recommend this car to anyone. These cars were designed poorly. For a 4 dr it should have more power so that when you do have passengers it doesn't sound like the engine has to work so hard. Driver and maybe one passenger, that's it.

decent gas miles,

serious designing issues. suspension is weak from the factory, and not much thought was put into design. don't recommend such a car to anyone.

Great Car
By Joe B.

1998 Chevrolet Cavalier 4dr Sedan

I bought this brand new back in 1998. This was actually my very first new car. After all these years, there has been minor fixes to it, great on gas, and reliable compared to other cars I've owned. To date, this car has over 106,000 miles and still drives on the highway the same way it did when I bought it. The only issues I've had with the car are after all these years, the paint is a beginning to discolor, but it is not that noticeable. The body and inside is still in great shape. In the past, it had sustained some good number of impacts. The gas is great compared to other cars. I highly recommend this car to anyone who wants to own a great and reliable car.

Reliability, gas mileage, stylish look

extended paint life that will last for over 12 years or more.

reliable
By pb

1998 Chevrolet Cavalier 4dr Sedan

I have owned this car for 10 years and I'm sitting at 200000 miles and no major repairs yet. I wish all chevys were this reliable.

Best car I ever owned
By libra26

1998 Chevrolet Cavalier 4dr Sedan

This was the most reliable car I ever had in my life. I never had to put anything major into this car in the 6 yrs I owned it. Absolutely the best and I loved it. I wish they still made the cavalier. I owned 2. I tried to get another used one but they were hard to find. I'm sorry I didn't keep it until it had major problems. I only got rid of it because I was scared of the mileage 110,000 and it needed a new coolant system put in it. I missed having air conditioning too. I didn't want to put any money into it. I was afraid having an 11 yrs old car was risky. I got great mileage. I never not once had it not start for me in 6 yrs. That's pretty amazing.

It didn't have any special features nothing fancy came on it. I loved the color Canjun Red.

More features would have been nice. My only complaint was the air conditioning went after I had it 4 yrs. I never had a new one put in.