Used 1998 Chevrolet Cavalier Consumer Reviews - 94 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1998 Chevrolet Cavalier - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cavalier model:

My very first car, and boy am I happy wiith it!
By Jesus

1998 Chevrolet Cavalier LS 4dr Sedan

I bought this car for $850 from some shady dude. I was skeptical since it's my first time buying a car but I think I got a pretty good deal! Car has 208k miles on it and it runs like a champ. I've owned it for around 6 months now, drive it everyday for work. Gas mileage is amazing, 15 bucks fills the tank and it lasts around a week and half! It handles beautifully and it's pretty fast too. It currently has only 2 issues, the gas gauge went bad and it needs the passenger side engine mount replaced, but it's nothing serious or that can't be fixed. I truly recommend this car if you're looking for your first car.

My pal
By Rolling Cherry

1998 Chevrolet Cavalier 4dr Sedan

My cavalier has been an amazing car! I purchased it in 2009 with 140,000 miles and now 7 years later it is still running with 219,000 miles. It has never left me stranded. Of course as with any car, I have had to do regular maintenance as well as some wear and tear repairs. I had one major repair of the head gasket in 2012, but seeing as the car has continued to run great for another 4 years, I would say it was definitely worth the investment. This car gives me freedom to drive through town, explore in the the country and travel on interstate trips.

They just don't die!
By ahnalia

1998 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24 2dr Coupe

I bought my 98 z-24 cavalier with 101k "highway" miles on it in 2003. I have NEVER regretted the purchase. I have only had to have 1 major repair done on it (housing case) in 11 years.

Mine has been through a lot. It has been stolen, and they hot rodded it and tore it up externally pretty bad, but it still runs. I let maintenence on it slip pretty bad over the years, and it still runs.

No matter what punishment this car has been dished out, it just does not stop running.
It also has some real "get up and go" when needed.

Coupe has nice body design.

Amazing!!!
By rush_2112

1998 Chevrolet Cavalier 2dr Coupe

I have owned my Cavalier for about 6 months now and I couldn't be happier with my purchase. The Vehicle was a trade in at the dealership I work at. I have always wanted a Cavalier so I inspected it and test drove it right away. It had 119,000 miles on it and the only problem I noticed was it was leaking antifreeze very fast so I new it wasn't the head gasket. I decided to purchase the Cavalier knowing I could replace the water pump myself for $15.00 with lifetime warranty! After I fixed the water pump I have never had a single problem with the vehicle. I drive it everyday to work, pleasure and trips and it has never let me down. People writing bad reveiws don't know how to take care of cars.

The size, shape and peppiness. It handles amazing turning on a dime and handles perfect in all weather.

None.

After 13 yrs, it is still going
By opitmus01co

1998 Chevrolet Cavalier LS 4dr Sedan

I bought this car in 1997. I have had no problems with it what so ever. I has currently 159,000 miles on it. It is good in snow, and handles well. This is my 4th cavalier, as we go back to 1984 when I bought the wagon version. I wish they still made a wagon. Hubby and I have both owned one each. I am in the market for a new car, and I will give this one to the kids to drive. It will last a while longer.