Used 1998 Chevrolet Cavalier Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1998 Chevrolet Cavalier - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cavalier model:

They just don't die!
By ahnalia

1998 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24 2dr Coupe

I bought my 98 z-24 cavalier with 101k "highway" miles on it in 2003. I have NEVER regretted the purchase. I have only had to have 1 major repair done on it (housing case) in 11 years. Mine has been through a lot. It has been stolen, and they hot rodded it and tore it up externally pretty bad, but it still runs. I let maintenence on it slip pretty bad over the years, and it still runs. No matter what punishment this car has been dished out, it just does not stop running. It also has some real "get up and go" when needed.

Coupe has nice body design.

Amazing!!!
By rush_2112

1998 Chevrolet Cavalier 2dr Coupe

I have owned my Cavalier for about 6 months now and I couldn't be happier with my purchase. The Vehicle was a trade in at the dealership I work at. I have always wanted a Cavalier so I inspected it and test drove it right away. It had 119,000 miles on it and the only problem I noticed was it was leaking antifreeze very fast so I new it wasn't the head gasket. I decided to purchase the Cavalier knowing I could replace the water pump myself for $15.00 with lifetime warranty! After I fixed the water pump I have never had a single problem with the vehicle. I drive it everyday to work, pleasure and trips and it has never let me down. People writing bad reveiws don't know how to take care of cars.

The size, shape and peppiness. It handles amazing turning on a dime and handles perfect in all weather.

None.

After 13 yrs, it is still going
By opitmus01co

1998 Chevrolet Cavalier LS 4dr Sedan

I bought this car in 1997. I have had no problems with it what so ever. I has currently 159,000 miles on it. It is good in snow, and handles well. This is my 4th cavalier, as we go back to 1984 when I bought the wagon version. I wish they still made a wagon. Hubby and I have both owned one each. I am in the market for a new car, and I will give this one to the kids to drive. It will last a while longer.

Blown mind
By jim

1998 Chevrolet Cavalier 2dr Coupe

Purchased this car from a friend. Car has seen better days with the scratches and typical rust. But after about 154,000 miles engine seized. Good cars I just found a bad one in the six I have owned.

Fact a six foot person like myself fits comfortably inside with room to stretch

The Catfish of cars (they just don't die)
By Jolex

1998 Chevrolet Cavalier 2dr Coupe

They say that cars are a liability not an investment, but my 1998 Cavalier proved that statement wrong! I bought mine brand new and drove it for 13 years. It still runs and the only thing I ever really needed to do was regular maintenance. It's been through a lot and if anyone says that a Chevy is no good then there is no way that they have ever truly owned one. I would recommend a Chevy to anyone. It was worth every penny and it showed that American made cars are at the top of the list with foreign competition. I loved my car and my faith in Chevy will never be diminished.