1997 Chevrolet Cavalier Consumer Review: I got my money's worth

1997 Chevrolet Cavalier - Consumer Review

I got my money's worth
By vandy on

1997 Chevrolet Cavalier 2dr Coupe

Wow -- I got my money's worth and then some -- paid a shade over $11k (about the same # of miles on it at the time), and proceeded to run this thing into the ground. Just died 2 days ago (head gasket) with a whopping 179,000 miles. I have no complaints about this car. This car took out a deer at 65mph and did not blink (broken headlight, slightly dented hood). was also rear- ended (at speed) on the interstate by an old fella in a Buick. dented my license plate (slightly), while his grille/hood were a complete mess. I dealt with the slight rattles/noises the car developed (plastic covering tach/odometer display had an odd unrepariable squeak) because it never had any mechanical problems.

Was completely reliable. Good mileage, solid build.

Make sure they all turn out like this, if you can. I think this car made a deal with the devil or something. 180K on a domestic car... everyplace I've taken it for routine maintenance has told me this is the only Chevy they've seen take this kind of mileage/wear & tear.