Used 1997 Chevrolet Cavalier LS Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1997 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cavalier model:

love the ole cav
By Nick LaQuerre

1997 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

the 97' cav drives well and it treats me well :)

watch the front wheels, the fuel pump, and the anything else an old car would :)

everything but the engine!!!

Never let me down
By cocoaloboco

1997 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

This was my first car and it treated me well, I can't say I returned the favor. I had it from 16-18 and really did no maintenance on it, my dad would top the oil off and that was all the car seen in TLC. it performed well the entire time and I didn't replace any parts. (other than a tire that blew out after a long road trip) I then let the car sit for a year & then sold it to a family friend. it started just fine & he's been driving it for 3 years no with no problems. the car was very reliable and great on gas. My only real complaint is it's made of cheap metal and dents very easily...i leaned against the car and my butt left an indent...

Reliability, fuel economy

It keeps going.
By Betty97

1997 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

I bought this car in 2004 with 120,000 miles on it. It now has 216,000+ miles and doesn't use a drop of oil. I average 28 mpg city and 34 mpg highway. I have had no major issues with this car and have only replace the plugs and wires and the water pump. It's going to be a sad day when it does finally die.

Great gas mileage.

I will miss my baby :(
By Summur

1997 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

I bought my 97 cavalier used in may of 04, I car ran great I never had any major problems till recently. About a month ago all hell broke loose! Replaced battery, starter, some valves on engine and then fuel pump. She still isn't starting. I have nothing bad to say about her though, she has well over 210,000 miles on her and she is 13 years old. It was hard to let go. She was a very very reliable car.

awesome gas mileage. i could go at least two weeks on 20.00 dollars!

none, great small car

Say It Ain't So
By Kate

1997 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

My first car was a '97 chevy cavalier. I absolutely adored this car, except for the fact she was a piece of junk. The interior was close to awful. The insulation, those plastic black things that line the doors and windows, were falling apart before I pulled out of the car lot. I only had the car for a year and I had to have the coolant tank replaced, the brakes completely overhauled and after over a thousand dollars in repairs, the car died on the highway. No one would tell me what was wrong with it, so I had to ditch the car. My Mom bought a Chevy Malibu 1 yr older and has had the EXACT same problems. Don't forget about the fuel pump that never got fixed. Do yourself a favor - steer clear!

Uh...I liked the steering wheel. And the exterior itself was a pretty ivy green.

Everything!