Used 1997 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1997 Chevrolet Cavalier - Consumer Reviews

1997 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe

View reviews for a specific Cavalier model:

Reliable, sporty and good on gas.
By chad1893

1997 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe 2dr Coupe

I purchased my mettalic green 2dr chevrolet cavalier base at 59,000 miles i was attracted to the value and reliability as well as mpg ratio, it is very smooth on smooth road and at high speeds it is quiet and tight feleling, however bumps are not its friend it handles well and can be parked easily from any angle, the coupe looks sharp when cleaned, the performance is decent its quick under 40mph anything above 40 wait a few seconds unless you want to dig your foot into the pedal, the interior mine being base with a black inerface is pretty nice with a coat of armor all. The rear seats fold down so larger things can be hauled in the trunk like a bicycle. im impressed it 15yrs old.

Favorite Features

Easy and cheap to fix if you want to do it yourself, Good engine seen the 2.2l go for 300,000 miles when tooken care of. the interior looks stylish and sporty the shape of the car is of a shark and looks great with tinted windows. Seats are comfy and heats up quick in the winter and ac blows cold. Saying this car is 15 years old its still well together im impressed.

Suggested Improvements

headroom could be higher, bumpy ride overe bad roads, could use 20 more hp, but has more then its competion of 1997.

Car is a BEAST
By hermanson

1997 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe 2dr Coupe

My family bought this car was bought 8 years ago with it having 88k miles on it. Everyone in my family has driven it and recently it was handed down from my brother to me and i've had it for about 6 months. The car has about 227k miles on it and still runs strong. one word to describe this car, RELIABLE! car is worth its price and more.

Favorite Features

gas mileage, runs fast, reliable.

Suggested Improvements

interior isn't great and the seats aren't too comfortable.

I love my car
By socalqt

1997 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe 2dr Coupe

My 1997 Chevy Cavalier was my very first car, and I haven't looked back. It's sporty, small, and gets AMAZING gas mileage. A friend and I drove to San Francisco from Los Angeles on one tank of gas and it only costs $40.00 to fill the tank! I bought it at 72,000 miles and I'm up to 103,000+ with little to no problems. No serious mechanical issues so far, the interior kind of fell apart (mostly the previous owners fault). I'm so happy with my car, she's my baby. She's been so good to be and I couldn't be happier!

Favorite Features

The exterior, sunroof, gas mileage, I love everything about this car!

Suggested Improvements

The ONLY thing that I would improve would be the cup holders, that's it!

'97 Cavalier Rally Sport
By jessicab5808

1997 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe RS 2dr Coupe

It gets you from point A to B, but it rusts easy and overall i HATE it

Favorite Features

5 speed

Suggested Improvements

brake system

A freaking amazing car
By Chevy4life

1997 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe 2dr Coupe

I am a ASE certified Automotive Mechanic so please do not brush me off. This car is a simple yet elegant car that i push to the breaking point every day and its probably in my garage right now laughing at me saying is that all you've got? It needs a few improvements like power windows and about another 40 HP couldn't hurt rither it gets me where i need to go and i know from experience i will probably own this car for the next 10 years at least

Suggested Improvements

Power windows and more Horse Power