1997 Chevrolet Cavalier Convertible - Consumer Reviews

LS 2.2L 4-cyl. - (6 reviews )
Almost 10 Years Old and Heads Still Turn
By Debbie Moreno on 07/03/06 08:06 AM (PDT)

1997 Chevrolet Cavalier Convertible LS 2dr Convertible

I've had this car for almost 10 years and it still runs great and looks great! People always ask me.."What kind of car is that","Who makes it","That's a nice looking car",etc.I have nothing but great things to say about it and other people do as well. Passengers can't believe how quick it goes from 0 to 40,50,60mph. Great on gas! So much fun to drive! Put the top down and everyone is checking it out! Also,I've had the car for almost 10 years. I got in a very bad accident with it(another driver's fault,nothing to do with the car) and I truly believe its safety features saved my life. Air bags worked right on contact,seat belt locked me in place,etc. Not a fender bender! Best purchase I ever made!

#1 Ragtop Beater
By rainman5355 on 09/14/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Chevrolet Cavalier Convertible LS 2dr Convertible

1997 Convertible LS.Bought it new in 05/1998. Rarely in shop. Have spent maybe $1000 in non-warranteed work. A blast to drive. Every day driver. Holds five passengers. (name another american convertible that does that) Huge trunk for a car its size. Have vacationed in it with the wife and 3 kids comfortably.

Great little Car
By TooBright on 06/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Chevrolet Cavalier Convertible LS 2dr Convertible

I bought my cavalier used and with high mileage. I still love it, and can't think of selling it.

What a fun car!
By jat20 on 01/16/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Chevrolet Cavalier Convertible LS 2dr Convertible

I have had this car since 1997. The only complaint that I can say is the roof leaked in the begenning. After getting it to the dealership numerous times, the problem was finally solved.

I love this car!
By christen on 11/25/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Chevrolet Cavalier Convertible LS 2dr Convertible

I bought my Cavelier 4 years ago, and I love it as much today as i did the day I bought it. It is a great car.

cavelier convertible tops in gas milage
By fyarbrough on 03/13/02 22:00 PM (PST)

1997 Chevrolet Cavalier Convertible LS 2dr Convertible

My Chevrolet Cavelier is tops in gas milage and would be an excellent car for a young person or old. However, I think GM needs to improve on the sturdiness of the vehicle.