Used 1996 Chevrolet Cavalier Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1996 Chevrolet Cavalier - Consumer Reviews

1996 Chevrolet Cavalier

View reviews for a specific Cavalier model:

Best Car I have owned
By shadow822

1996 Chevrolet Cavalier LS 4dr Sedan

I bought this car new and have been very pleased with it. Love the 2.4L engine. I am 5'9" and the driver's seat is fine for me. Gas mileage is about 21 mpg in town. I have looked at the new Chevrolets and the seats seem very hard and uncomfortable to me. The maintenance on this car has been very little. The main reason I would not buy another is the seating and they no longer offer the 2.4L engine.

Favorite Features

2.4L engine - has a lot of get up and go for a small car

Suggested Improvements

offer leather seating as an option

CAVALIER
By COCO PUFFS

1996 Chevrolet Cavalier 2dr Coupe

MY CAR I BOUGHT BRAN SPANKIN NEW IN 96 ITS STILL RUNS BESIDES 2 RUN-INS WITH DEER ALL I HAVE HAD TO REPLACE OTHERWISE IS THE CLUCH AND THE IDLER ARM OTHERWISE IT IS A VERY GOOD AND RELIABLE CAR RIGHT NOW IT HAS 185,000 MILES ON

Favorite Features

EASY TO SEE THE FRONT END OVER THE DASH

solid car
By jonesy169

1996 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24 2dr Coupe

I bought this car with 53000 miles on it and three years later its now at 118000 and was still going strong (some bozo crashed into me and it got totaled). It was extremely dependable and the only issues i had with it were normal things like an alternator, brakes, battery, and a map sensor. It got great milage (30mpg hwy) and was peppy for a compact.

Favorite Features

sunroof was great. reliability and power options for everything. I drove the heck out the thing and it held up really well. wish it didn't get wrecked

Suggested Improvements

the seatbelts were uncomfortable (which i believe they fixed the following year), the rear suspension was awful-if you hit a bump you would know it.

Not a bad small car
By cavowner

1996 Chevrolet Cavalier LS 4dr Sedan

bought this car about 5 years ago. it had 60,000 miles on it. When I traded it in for a larger vehicle it had a whopping 122000 miles. the only things I had to fix on the car were maintenance items such as tires, brakes, alignment, and muffler. I really have nothing BAD to say about the vehicle. I had to trade up to a larger vehicle and had to say goodbye to the cav.

Favorite Features

the get up and go with just a 4 cylinder, gas milage, and reliability

Suggested Improvements

well this was a 1996 so chevy has made improvements. wouldnt be fair to list them without seeing a new cav.

Reliable but lacks comfor
By Scott3125

1996 Chevrolet Cavalier 2dr Coupe

I have to give it to Chevrolet, this Cavalier has not one mechanical problem since I have owned this vehicle. It is the most reliable vehichle I have owned. Comfort scale is low though. Interior could fit the driver better. Dependablity has put this car in a class by itselt. Thanks Chevy

Favorite Features

Dependability and Reliability

Suggested Improvements

Interior design/seat comfort, both front and back.