1996 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cavalier model:
My car is always broken!
By Unsatisfied cavalier on 05/16/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe 2dr Coupe

I have had almost everything fixed and it just keeps breaking down. I bought it used as a bargain, and it has been far from that. I've put more money into than I paid for it just three years ago. Off the top of my head, things that have been replaced are the entire cooling system, the computer chip, brakes more than once, air conditioner, and the inside is falling apart!

why i dislike my Cavalier
By 311 on 04/14/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe 2dr Coupe

My 1996 Cavalier has been a very reliable car, besides that it is a poorly made car. This car is a basic ecnomy car, it will never be anything but an ecnomy car not even the z24 will be more. The horsepower to weight ratio is pretty bad(130HP to 2617lbs) , the Torque (120 ft-lbs) is also pretty bad. The interior of the car is very cheaply made, from the seats to the steering wheel down to the side door panels which always seemed to be crack on every Cavalier. If anyone is thinking of upgrading a Cavalier i would highly disapprove, go out and get a sports car and don't make the same mistake that i did.

Fun, reliable Car!!!
By Ann Krueger on 12/10/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe 2dr Coupe

Not a bad car at all. I purchased it as a newer car that had some miles on it. I went to the dealership when I was living in downtown Chicago and was going to college full time. I told the salesman that I wanted a reliable, sporty car that was small and had good gas milage that I was able to afford. The first car he showed me was the one I still own to this day and am happy with!

Excellent Car
By Savage on 11/17/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe Z24 2dr Coupe

As a proud owner of a 96 Chevy Z24 for around 6 years now, I have enjoyed owning this car and never once regreted buying it. It's powerful 2.4 twin cam engine and 155lbs of torque give it a fun sporty feeling of driving and its sleek sporty look is even better. Great reliabilty and perfect for anyone to own

96 CHEVY
By DEBBIE on 09/23/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe 2dr Coupe

IT IS A GREAT CAR FOR ANY AGE GROUP.

fooled
By miffed on 08/31/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe 2dr Coupe

Had a chevy z-24 prior to buying the standard 2 door coupe and loved it!! So much has gone wrong with this car I dont even know where to start. The transmision is new, the engine gasket, numerous brake problems, water pump, new trunk latch, alternator, and much more that I am forgeting about at the moment. I am so fed up with chevy that I now refuse to buy another GM product!!! I would advise any one looking into buying a car to stay away from the cavalier. The only good thing about the car is the sticker price but you will end up paying alot more.

I love the Z24
By domesticdemon on 08/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe Z24 2dr Coupe

This car is great, even thought i bought it used, it still is a great car.

I love this car!
By hummgbird on 07/29/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe 2dr Coupe

Bought the car brand new, with 15 miles on it. After 114,856 miles.. it still purrs. Haven't had a lick of trouble. Just normal wear & tear. I love my car and would recommend it to everyone.

Junk!!!
By Nichole on 06/06/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe 2dr Coupe

I, like so many other Cavalier owners, have had too many problems with the car to find it enjoyable. To start with: the muffler rattles, the a/c only works on high, the glove box has traped my cd's inside of it, the driver's side mirror refuses to stay upright, it will not start if there is less than 1/4 tank of gas, the thing just eats oil like there is no tomorrow, and sometimes the car will turn off as I am backing up.

Good for a first car
By Krista on 06/03/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe 2dr Coupe

I am 16 and my parents bought me my cavalier. It had 115,000 miles on it when I bought it! It is a '96! Despite the high miles, it has been nothing but reliable. Being a teenage girl and not knowing a lot about cars I need a car I can depend on. I can depend on this car.