Used 1996 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe Consumer Reviews - 43 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1996 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe - Consumer Reviews

1996 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe

View reviews for a specific Cavalier model:

American tough
By IDLE13

1996 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe 2dr Coupe

I bought this car a few months ago cheap! Its been super reliable and gets great gas mileage. Perfect for someone on a tight buget or someone looking to mod a car. With its OHV engine it produce good steady power.

Engine reliability and the exterior looks.

New seats and doors, they crack. Better wiper motors. More horsepower is always welcome.

I love my car!
By lia

1996 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe 2dr Coupe

I had a great experience with my Cavalier. I love its design. I have made some really long trips recently and motor is still excellent. I highly recommend it.

External design, I love how much space you can get inside by lowering the back seat.

I can't think of any!

Over 200K and still going!!!
By SandBoa

1996 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe 2dr Coupe

This car has been AWESOME to me. I bought this when I was a freshman in college in 1999. I put a TON of miles on it and it has literally never been in the shop other than for routine work like oil changes and brakes. This car still remains in my family to this day. It now has well over 200,000 miles on it and it still has never seen the inside of a shop!! I would recommend this car to anyone. The only reason why I bought a new truck was because it was a tight fit for me considering I'm 6'3", but I knew that when I was buying the car. If I was a smaller guy, I would probably still be driving this car to this date.

- Gas mileage - Reliability - Sporty drive - Better than average appearance - Comfortable seats

- NONE!!

Good 1st car out of college
By ddemania

1996 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe Z24 2dr Coupe

Bought this car (Z24 Coupe) right out of college, and am now after 9-yrs moving on to bigger (mini-van) days. The car served me will through 9-yrs, some maintenance problems, especially in the last year which has pushed me to sell.

Z24 module has good acceleration, decent sound system, good gas milaege

Not a lot of room, it is definitely a small economy car

Fun and Reliable
By Christina

1996 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe 2dr Coupe

My Chevy Cavalier was my first car. I bought my car used and she ran great for all 3 years that I had her. The only reason I had to get rid of the car was because of a car accident. I was hit by a driver from behind who was probably going about 35 miles per hour, which also caused me to hit the car in front of me. In my accident she performed perfectly, my only injuries were from the airbags and I was able to walk out with no serious injuries. This was perfect for a first car, was fun to drive, and was dependable at the most crucial time. I would recommend this car to anyone for its style and reliability. I loved my Cavalier!!