Used 1996 Chevrolet Cavalier LS Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1996 Chevrolet Cavalier - Consumer Reviews

1996 Chevrolet Cavalier

View reviews for a specific Cavalier model:

Wicked car - Cavalier 1996
By Kiprotich Arap-Ruto

1996 Chevrolet Cavalier LS 4dr Sedan

I looked at a number of cars before buying my Cavalier 1996. Its price was great and condition pretty good. It drives very well. I had to replace the gas tank (got a used one for a good price and free labor). Overall a very good car.

Favorite Features

Favourite features: I like the overall design of the car, interior, the seats were rather hard so i padded them with a massaging cushion and seat covers. Now it feels very comfortable and both sexy and chic.

Suggested Improvements

Sand rust spots, and paint and spray with rustcheck once or twice a year. Remember to spray all the body and tubes underneath the car. It will save you lots of stress, headache and money too.

Great car for the Money
By Dan79

1996 Chevrolet Cavalier LS 4dr Sedan

This car has been absolutely great for me, I bought it in ’98 with 20K and now it has over 160K. Thank God this car has practically never given me trouble, the only thing I remember changing was the AC compressor. The car doesn’t have great pick-up but what can you expect from a 4-cyln, but it flies I do 70-80 mph with no problem and no shaking. Its starting to show its age now, but I can't complain considering how it has performed till now. I don't know if I was bless, cause I've seen some pretty sh*tty reviews here and on Consumer Reports, but I'm extreamly happy with it.

Favorite Features

Sunroof is nice, but opens way too slow.

Suggested Improvements

It was / is my first car, I don't like the present style, doesn't matter its discontinued

Best Car I have owned
By shadow822

1996 Chevrolet Cavalier LS 4dr Sedan

I bought this car new and have been very pleased with it. Love the 2.4L engine. I am 5'9" and the driver's seat is fine for me. Gas mileage is about 21 mpg in town. I have looked at the new Chevrolets and the seats seem very hard and uncomfortable to me. The maintenance on this car has been very little. The main reason I would not buy another is the seating and they no longer offer the 2.4L engine.

Favorite Features

2.4L engine - has a lot of get up and go for a small car

Suggested Improvements

offer leather seating as an option

Not a bad small car
By cavowner

1996 Chevrolet Cavalier LS 4dr Sedan

bought this car about 5 years ago. it had 60,000 miles on it. When I traded it in for a larger vehicle it had a whopping 122000 miles. the only things I had to fix on the car were maintenance items such as tires, brakes, alignment, and muffler. I really have nothing BAD to say about the vehicle. I had to trade up to a larger vehicle and had to say goodbye to the cav.

Favorite Features

the get up and go with just a 4 cylinder, gas milage, and reliability

Suggested Improvements

well this was a 1996 so chevy has made improvements. wouldnt be fair to list them without seeing a new cav.

Reliable car
By Donald stavish

1996 Chevrolet Cavalier LS 4dr Sedan

I have had no costly repairs to talk about

Favorite Features

Like the low drive and comfort of the seats and the seating position

Suggested Improvements

Changed the exterior design