1996 Chevrolet Cavalier - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cavalier model:
It works for me
By Spec on 12/21/06 08:26 AM (PST)

1996 Chevrolet Cavalier LS 2dr Convertible

I have been happy with this car. There have not been any major problem inherent with it, just some minor things. For a 10 year old vehicle, it still performs rather well, getting 24-28 mpg around town and not exhibiting any problems on road trips.

Awesome car
By mannyd98 on 08/26/06 15:57 PM (PDT)

1996 Chevrolet Cavalier LS 2dr Convertible

One of my favorite cars. I owned one in '96 and regretted getting rid of it. When I saw this one, I had to buy it. Also very safe and reliable. We were just in an accident. A Ford F250 ran a stop sign and hit us. It totaled my Cavalier, but we were all alive

Love it!
By Amanda on 01/27/06 22:57 PM (PST)

1996 Chevrolet Cavalier LS 2dr Convertible

I love this car, yeah it may be a Cavalier but I think it's a great car. The car is fun to drive, drives well, and is great on gas. It's easy to get in and out of, the seats move easily and its more spacious then i thought it might have been. I honeslty enjoy this car more then the others I have had, so overall I believe it's a great car for a 21 year college girl!

Avoid like the plague
By taken4aride on 03/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Chevrolet Cavalier LS 2dr Convertible

Fuel pump-August, 2002; $800. TRANSMISSION-January, 2003; $2300. Head Gasket-Febraury, 2003; $500. Total mileage of this car is only 68,000. This is, without a doubt, the absolute worst car that I have ever owned. The above list is only a small sample of the problems with this car. Many problems similar to other reviews (motor mounts, shoddy interior, etc).

I LOVE MY CAR!
By Deeee on 04/12/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Chevrolet Cavalier LS 2dr Convertible

I bought my car in the summer of 1999. With the exception of a couple of recalls, and a new ignition coil, I have had no problems with this car. I wouldn't recommend getting a white top, as it is impossible to get it clean. Other than that, I love it and I love the dealership I bought it from.

Same problems as others.
By James Nemanich on 03/15/02 12:31 PM (PST)

1996 Chevrolet Cavalier LS 2dr Convertible

I just wanted to say that I am having the same problems others are having. Transmission out, electronic fuel sending system (Controlls fuel guage) replaced 2 times, waterpump, heater core, wheel berings, window motors. GM sold these with the new Dex Cool engine coolant. Around 1999 they discovered this was breaking down and causing internal engine rust. I'd trade in before 70k.

I've Been Happy!
By Michael B on 02/27/02 16:12 PM (PST)

1996 Chevrolet Cavalier LS 2dr Convertible

Purchased this car w/ 24K.Bought it to enjoy w/top down. Comparble convertible of this size & quality would have cost much more. Been extremely pleased w/reliability of this car. Normal wear & tear things replaced.Power top works great. Still get great comments on car & can keep up with rest of traffic when I am not leading it. Get in the 30's for mpg. Drove this car w/ top down into new millenium. Give it a chance! So far I have put 58K on mine for a total of 82K.