NEVER buy again
By Cavalier hater on
1995 Chevrolet Cavalier 2dr Coupe
I bought this car from my mechanic in 2000. I have had nothing but problems with it since purchasing it. I had to replace the transmission, I have had leaks in the oil and radiator. The A/C works, but using it causes the car to overheat. Problems w/ the starter and acceleration, very noisy. Speakers on the driver's side don't work, door panneling is falling off, and locks are falling off. This car is in the shop every 3-4 months. I had a '87 Olds that drove better and needed less repairs. My b/f has a 2001 Cavalier and is having problems with it as well. I wouldn't recommend buying this car used.
Favorite Features
Large trunk, and fold down back seat. I can always get all my gear in the car. However, the newer models seem to have less cargo room. Nice sporty look. Good gas milage. Holds the road nicely.
Suggested Improvements
Make cup holders that are functional. Improve the mechanics and reliability. Improve construction, car litterally falls apart after about the 3rd year on the road. Improve gas milage. 2004 Cavalier's are UGLY, change that. Improve quality. currently not a car to own >4yrs.