1995 Chevrolet Cavalier - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cavalier model:
9 great years and 127k miles
By EddieG on 04/29/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Chevrolet Cavalier 2dr Coupe

Original Owner, this car has taken me all over the country and back. Has only needed routine brake and tire maintenance - ZERO mechanical problems. Fuel economy isn't what it was 9 years ago, but still better than most cars on the road. And one of the sportiest cars for its price range!

Good for the money
By kmant on 03/15/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Chevrolet Cavalier 4dr Sedan

I bought my Cavalier used with 57,000 miles on it. I had to replace the pulley on the a/c and the rear strut mount right away. I noticed it started leaking oil around 110,000 miles. I replaced the head gasket one weekend around 115,000 miles. There is rust on the bottom of the front and rear door on the passenger side. Had to replace the spark packs at 135,000 miles. There is a low humming noise when I turn left. I have 138,000 miles on it and that 2.2 still runs strong. No oil burning. Other than the above mentioned, the car always starts. For the money it is a good car and I would buy another.

My great little cavi
By venusL13 on 03/01/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Chevrolet Cavalier 4dr Sedan

I bought the car used and have owned it myself for almost 5 years. This car has been nothing but wonderful. Repairs have been few and all milage appropriate. The car handles beautifully and is fantastic in the snow. The car has over 100,000 miles on it and is still going strong. I would highly recommend this car.

Not too Bad...
By Grayce on 02/07/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Chevrolet Cavalier LS 4dr Sedan

I bought this car new. I have put a LOT of miles on it(158 000). I like the way it looks, inside and out. We have changed the head gasket twice, replaced gas tank/lines and had many! brake jobs. It's also had a really bad problem with rust around the bottom of the doors and on the hood (rusted right through).It is near the end of it's useful life now and I will replace it soon. I'm not sure if I will buy another Cavalier though. Upkeep has been expensive, but it has always started (even in the coldest weather) and never left me stranded.

what a surprise!
By thewrightstuff on 11/30/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Chevrolet Cavalier LS 4dr Sedan

I took this car over from my mother when i moved to the area in 1999. i drive it hard because i live 50 miles from work, plus regular driving from place to place. this car has been reliable and beautiful! it looks brand new when washed, 7 yrs later, what a nice finish! as an ARCHITECTURAL interior designer, i would make improvements to the interior, but as a vehicle it's been great and efficient. my mother bought the car used and someone had switched radios. it works but is a pain to figure out and there's no documentation on it. the clock is always off.

worst car I owned
By frogger on 11/08/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Chevrolet Cavalier 2dr Coupe

Constantly in the shop for engine problems, many mechanical defects including head gasket, drivetrain

Time to Give Up MY BABY!!!!
By Overall Happy Owner on 10/10/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Chevrolet Cavalier LS 4dr Sedan

OK, my Cavalier and I have been through alot of events. My kids becoming teenagers, three 1500 miles trips out of state, one marriage, some repairs, and my twenty-some-things. Anyway, I have drove my Cavalier for about 8 years. She has at times cost me money but, never more than $500.00. Transmission still runs, you will fix breaks alot, has started up mornings for years (except for those repair times), and BEST FEATURE.....MY BABY has 184,000 miles and still running. In early 2004, I will retire her but, not to get rid of her. In two years, my son will be at the age to drive....and guess what he will be driving!!! Thanks, for reading.

Loving my First car
By Wbcheerguy on 08/31/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Chevrolet Cavalier 2dr Coupe

I'm a high school student, this car (2dr std coupe) 5-speed manual, is a great first car and is ideal for a teen like me, the car uses very little gas, can be customized easily, and reliable, i wouldn't trade my car in for anything. the car is priced low enought for a working teen to afford and the car is easy to service for regular care.

Surprised by Cavalier
By melncolly on 07/01/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Chevrolet Cavalier 2dr Coupe

I grew up in a staunch Ford family. So when I bought my Cavalier...I was afraid....hah hah...not really...so far, I've done minor maintenance to it (oil, tires, front brakes, battery) I've put about 25K miles on it in 14 months and no problems with the car...and it is my first five speed, and I like dropping it down a gear or two to get some extra ZOOM! Watch out for me in my teal Cavalier! It's sporty and gets around and I can keep up with the Acuras and Hondas...if I want..;) I hope it lasts till I pay it off in April 2003!!

Good under the 100 thousand mark
By eileen on 03/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Chevrolet Cavalier LS 4dr Sedan

My Cavilier was good for a couple of years, around the 3 year mark everything went down hill. the major problems right now is the head gasket leaks badly and it is very expensive to fix, 100 thousand mile is the end to the cavilier....LS