1995 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cavalier model:
Great Car considering its cost:
By Steve on 05/06/10 10:13 AM (PDT)

1995 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

Ok I've read enough about the negatives of this car. 5/2010 mine is 15 yrs old has 162K miles & other than mostly normal wear/tear/maintenance like oil, tires, anti-freeze, battery, brakes, belts, hoses, trans flush, plugs/wires, fuel filter, light bulbs its a great value for what it cost. I get mpg around 20 city/30 highway. A few "Out of the norm repairs", AC compressor, Rack-n-Pinion steering, power window motors, one wheel bearing, broken side mirror. Honestly other than a few cracks in the plastic trim, worn seat belts & a little hesitation in acceleration from age this has been a joy to own.

Head Gaskets-Bad
By Sandy on 01/13/05 13:13 PM (PST)

1995 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

This car went trough its first set of head gaskets under 12,000 miles, then again in the 20,000's. These first two times it was under warrenty. But it went again, this time I had to pay. It is not cheap. You think Chevy would have recalled or taken care of this problem. I was not the only one. So can you guess what this car needs now again for the 4th time? Yes, head gaskets again... So you know that this time I will not buy a Chevy again. They just don't take care of their customers. Time to buy a Honda Civic.

Not too Bad...
By Grayce on 02/07/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

I bought this car new. I have put a LOT of miles on it(158 000). I like the way it looks, inside and out. We have changed the head gasket twice, replaced gas tank/lines and had many! brake jobs. It's also had a really bad problem with rust around the bottom of the doors and on the hood (rusted right through).It is near the end of it's useful life now and I will replace it soon. I'm not sure if I will buy another Cavalier though. Upkeep has been expensive, but it has always started (even in the coldest weather) and never left me stranded.

what a surprise!
By thewrightstuff on 11/30/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

I took this car over from my mother when i moved to the area in 1999. i drive it hard because i live 50 miles from work, plus regular driving from place to place. this car has been reliable and beautiful! it looks brand new when washed, 7 yrs later, what a nice finish! as an ARCHITECTURAL interior designer, i would make improvements to the interior, but as a vehicle it's been great and efficient. my mother bought the car used and someone had switched radios. it works but is a pain to figure out and there's no documentation on it. the clock is always off.

Time to Give Up MY BABY!!!!
By Overall Happy Owner on 10/10/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

OK, my Cavalier and I have been through alot of events. My kids becoming teenagers, three 1500 miles trips out of state, one marriage, some repairs, and my twenty-some-things. Anyway, I have drove my Cavalier for about 8 years. She has at times cost me money but, never more than $500.00. Transmission still runs, you will fix breaks alot, has started up mornings for years (except for those repair times), and BEST FEATURE.....MY BABY has 184,000 miles and still running. In early 2004, I will retire her but, not to get rid of her. In two years, my son will be at the age to drive....and guess what he will be driving!!! Thanks, for reading.

Good under the 100 thousand mark
By Eileen on 03/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

My Cavilier was good for a couple of years, around the 3 year mark everything went down hill. the major problems right now is the head gasket leaks badly and it is very expensive to fix, 100 thousand mile is the end to the cavilier....LS

Good under the 100 thousand mark
By eileen on 03/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

Cavalier Owner Rating
By jcolon on 09/25/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

This vehicle is very dependable. I love it. It is also great on fuel. I have had this vehicle for over 4 years now and the only problems I have had were a timing belt problem and a coolant problem. Maintain it and it will maintain you happy.

Great for the price!
By Heywood on 04/22/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

I bought this car when I was in college. I paid $13,000 for it. I am very happy with the car. It is still running fine after 7 years and 65,000. Over the 7 years I have spent about $500 in repairs (normal wear and tear). I have taken the car from NJ to Philly to Chicago to South Dakota back to Chicago and back to NJ. It has survived everything from 100+ degree heat to -50 degree cold. Chevy company has been very good with any recalls (very minor). I would recommend this car to someone. It is a low end car, but great the the college or high schooler.