Used 1995 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cavalier model:

Wow, I bought it twice?
By kerocky24

1995 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe 2dr Coupe

This car gives me problems all the time. It rattles, it clanks, and it's falling apart. I had one shortly before this one. I should have known when it burst in to flames that it was a bad Idea to buy another. Live and learn huh? The car leaks oil, the speedometer is broken, (it dances as I'm going down the road) I have replaced the fuel injectors 2 times in the last year, (I know other Cavaliers that have fuel leaking!) The seats are so uncomfortable. The suspension stinks. I have tried to keep up with this car but have decided to drive it 'till it dies. My car has some miles on it but that's no excuse!

I like the shape of the two door coupe, the four door models are terrible though.

Everything

Great in High-Mileage Form!
By Willis

1995 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe 2dr Coupe

This car takes abuse and keeps coming back for more. I got the midnight blue coupe with the painted bumpers option and 5 speed manual. The 2.2L(ohv) engine leaves a bit to be desired for power but the manual tranny makes up for it. I paid $1500 for this car 3 yrs ago and it's just needed head gasket and ac recharge. It had 130,000 on it when I got it and it's never left me stranded at 162,000 miles. something is! The cheapest 30,000 miles I ever drove was in a crappy old cavi!

The stick shift tranny that's now obsolete according to some.

More power/torque, SS version.

Chevy Cav
By sunnygrl2930

1995 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe 2dr Coupe

Love the car, love the way it drives, just diappointed about the head gasket. But I bought it with more than 100k anyway. Love the gas mileage. Love driving it. Never owned a Cav before, but my next car will be a Cav, too. Two door. Love them. Love the way it looks and sits.

Not have the head gasket or the ignition go bad on all of them. And have the recall acutally take care of the problem.

I Love My Cavy!
By luvmycavy

1995 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe Z24 2dr Coupe

Really fun to drive. Not very reliable though.Cramped with many people in the car but perfect just for me. Needs more horsepower. Perfect first car. LOVE IT!

Design, very sporty and manueverable.

Horsepower, performance.

NEVER buy again
By Cavalier hater

1995 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe 2dr Coupe

I bought this car from my mechanic in 2000. I have had nothing but problems with it since purchasing it. I had to replace the transmission, I have had leaks in the oil and radiator. The A/C works, but using it causes the car to overheat. Problems w/ the starter and acceleration, very noisy. Speakers on the driver's side don't work, door panneling is falling off, and locks are falling off. This car is in the shop every 3-4 months. I had a '87 Olds that drove better and needed less repairs. My b/f has a 2001 Cavalier and is having problems with it as well. I wouldn't recommend buying this car used.

Large trunk, and fold down back seat. I can always get all my gear in the car. However, the newer models seem to have less cargo room. Nice sporty look. Good gas milage. Holds the road nicely.

Make cup holders that are functional. Improve the mechanics and reliability. Improve construction, car litterally falls apart after about the 3rd year on the road. Improve gas milage. 2004 Cavalier's are UGLY, change that. Improve quality. currently not a car to own >4yrs.