1995 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cavalier model:
Wow, I bought it twice?
By kerocky24 on 01/08/09 16:48 PM (PST)

1995 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe 2dr Coupe

This car gives me problems all the time. It rattles, it clanks, and it's falling apart. I had one shortly before this one. I should have known when it burst in to flames that it was a bad Idea to buy another. Live and learn huh? The car leaks oil, the speedometer is broken, (it dances as I'm going down the road) I have replaced the fuel injectors 2 times in the last year, (I know other Cavaliers that have fuel leaking!) The seats are so uncomfortable. The suspension stinks. I have tried to keep up with this car but have decided to drive it 'till it dies. My car has some miles on it but that's no excuse!

Great in High-Mileage Form!
By Willis on 08/13/07 19:35 PM (PDT)

1995 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe 2dr Coupe

This car takes abuse and keeps coming back for more. I got the midnight blue coupe with the painted bumpers option and 5 speed manual. The 2.2L(ohv) engine leaves a bit to be desired for power but the manual tranny makes up for it. I paid $1500 for this car 3 yrs ago and it's just needed head gasket and ac recharge. It had 130,000 on it when I got it and it's never left me stranded at 162,000 miles. something is! The cheapest 30,000 miles I ever drove was in a crappy old cavi!

Chevy Cav
By sunnygrl2930 on 01/27/07 01:01 AM (PST)

1995 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe 2dr Coupe

Love the car, love the way it drives, just diappointed about the head gasket. But I bought it with more than 100k anyway. Love the gas mileage. Love driving it. Never owned a Cav before, but my next car will be a Cav, too. Two door. Love them. Love the way it looks and sits.

I Love My Cavy!
By luvmycavy on 02/08/06 16:52 PM (PST)

1995 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe Z24 2dr Coupe

Really fun to drive. Not very reliable though.Cramped with many people in the car but perfect just for me. Needs more horsepower. Perfect first car. LOVE IT!

NEVER buy again
By Cavalier hater on 07/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe 2dr Coupe

I bought this car from my mechanic in 2000. I have had nothing but problems with it since purchasing it. I had to replace the transmission, I have had leaks in the oil and radiator. The A/C works, but using it causes the car to overheat. Problems w/ the starter and acceleration, very noisy. Speakers on the driver's side don't work, door panneling is falling off, and locks are falling off. This car is in the shop every 3-4 months. I had a '87 Olds that drove better and needed less repairs. My b/f has a 2001 Cavalier and is having problems with it as well. I wouldn't recommend buying this car used.

9 great years and 127k miles
By EddieG on 04/29/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe 2dr Coupe

Original Owner, this car has taken me all over the country and back. Has only needed routine brake and tire maintenance - ZERO mechanical problems. Fuel economy isn't what it was 9 years ago, but still better than most cars on the road. And one of the sportiest cars for its price range!

worst car I owned
By frogger on 11/08/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe 2dr Coupe

Constantly in the shop for engine problems, many mechanical defects including head gasket, drivetrain

Loving my First car
By Wbcheerguy on 08/31/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe 2dr Coupe

I'm a high school student, this car (2dr std coupe) 5-speed manual, is a great first car and is ideal for a teen like me, the car uses very little gas, can be customized easily, and reliable, i wouldn't trade my car in for anything. the car is priced low enought for a working teen to afford and the car is easy to service for regular care.

Surprised by Cavalier
By melncolly on 07/01/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe 2dr Coupe

I grew up in a staunch Ford family. So when I bought my Cavalier...I was afraid....hah hah...not really...so far, I've done minor maintenance to it (oil, tires, front brakes, battery) I've put about 25K miles on it in 14 months and no problems with the car...and it is my first five speed, and I like dropping it down a gear or two to get some extra ZOOM! Watch out for me in my teal Cavalier! It's sporty and gets around and I can keep up with the Acuras and Hondas...if I want..;) I hope it lasts till I pay it off in April 2003!!

good at first but watch out
By AshMcG on 01/17/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe 2dr Coupe

My cavalier is cute and zoomy, and fun to drive if you're not looking for major speed...I really enjoyed it for awhile. However, I took this car over it's 100,000 mile point, and no sooner than I did that than EVERYTHING went to hell. I got the 100,000 mile tune- up like you're supposed to, but now that car causes me nothing but tears...I am afraid to drive it half the time because it may break down or anything! It used to be totally reliable but now... I recommend this car as like a first car for teenagers, but toss it before it gets too high in mileage, the enginge does not take it well.