Used 1995 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Chevrolet Cavalier - Consumer Reviews

1995 Chevrolet Cavalier

View reviews for a specific Cavalier model:

I Love My Cavy!
By luvmycavy

1995 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24 2dr Coupe

Really fun to drive. Not very reliable though.Cramped with many people in the car but perfect just for me. Needs more horsepower. Perfect first car. LOVE IT!

Favorite Features

Design, very sporty and manueverable.

Suggested Improvements

Horsepower, performance.

It's been a great car for all 7 years...
By troy

1995 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24 2dr Coupe

I bought the Z-24 in 1995 when the new design was first introduced. You might notice that the Honda Civic is both more cramped inside and does not provide an adequate arm-rest in the center console. I'm not a short guy, so I highly appreciate the increased space on the inside, especially for all of the long distance cross-country travel I have done. I'd buy another one, but Chevrolet has stopped offering Z-24 models as of this year. This 95 Z-24 in Hawaiian Orchid paint, factory five-star 16" wheels, and added tinted windows has been the perfect college student car, as well as daily commuter and distance travel vehcle for me.

Favorite Features

The Hawaian Orchid (dark purple) paint has received friendly recognition from strangers quite frequently. The interior is comfortable.

Suggested Improvements

I'd suggest more horsepower and four-wheel disc brakes, only because a Porsche Gemballa Turbo spanked me on the 10 Santa Monica Freeway once.

nothing but trouble
By jeb11233234

1995 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24 2dr Coupe

I would highly recommend that you do not buy a cavalier. Maybe the newer models are better but I bought mine, a '95 a year ago and it's worth about $1500 - $1900 because it has 128000 miles on it. The it takes a lot of oil and has leaked antifreeze into the engine. This costs between $800 and $1200 to fix so I plan on maybe selling it to a junkyard for a couple hundred dollars. It has been nothing but a pain in the ass to pay for the upkeep of this car. Get a honda.

Favorite Features

good accerleration

Suggested Improvements

totally new engine!