Used 1995 Chevrolet Cavalier LS Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Chevrolet Cavalier - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cavalier model:

Great Car considering its cost:
By Steve

1995 Chevrolet Cavalier LS 4dr Sedan

Ok I've read enough about the negatives of this car. 5/2010 mine is 15 yrs old has 162K miles & other than mostly normal wear/tear/maintenance like oil, tires, anti-freeze, battery, brakes, belts, hoses, trans flush, plugs/wires, fuel filter, light bulbs its a great value for what it cost. I get mpg around 20 city/30 highway. A few "Out of the norm repairs", AC compressor, Rack-n-Pinion steering, power window motors, one wheel bearing, broken side mirror. Honestly other than a few cracks in the plastic trim, worn seat belts & a little hesitation in acceleration from age this has been a joy to own.

Very good MPG for a '95 car. Great reliability. Low cost of ownership. Above average styling in & out. 4Dr allows easy passenger access. Between a harsh truck/rough and sporty ride. Well laid out controls. Nice standard features.

Back seat foot room definitely cramped, should have sacrificed some trunk room. Squeeze out a few more MPG. Needs a little better acceleration. Thicker/sturdier plastic trim. Improve front seat comfort.

Head Gaskets-Bad
By Sandy

1995 Chevrolet Cavalier LS 4dr Sedan

This car went trough its first set of head gaskets under 12,000 miles, then again in the 20,000's. These first two times it was under warrenty. But it went again, this time I had to pay. It is not cheap. You think Chevy would have recalled or taken care of this problem. I was not the only one. So can you guess what this car needs now again for the 4th time? Yes, head gaskets again... So you know that this time I will not buy a Chevy again. They just don't take care of their customers. Time to buy a Honda Civic.

It was great in winter snow, handled fine and started in the cold. Had great gas mileage for an inexpensive auto.

Head gasket, brakes, crash test results, and owner loyality reviews.

Not too Bad...
By Grayce

1995 Chevrolet Cavalier LS 4dr Sedan

I bought this car new. I have put a LOT of miles on it(158 000). I like the way it looks, inside and out. We have changed the head gasket twice, replaced gas tank/lines and had many! brake jobs. It's also had a really bad problem with rust around the bottom of the doors and on the hood (rusted right through).It is near the end of it's useful life now and I will replace it soon. I'm not sure if I will buy another Cavalier though. Upkeep has been expensive, but it has always started (even in the coldest weather) and never left me stranded.

Air conditioning(really cold. Great pick-up. Great in snow great. Decent Stereo. Block heater

Front and rear windows are really slanted and the sun just beats down on you. Seat placement-too low. Poor visibility, huge blindspots.

what a surprise!
By thewrightstuff

1995 Chevrolet Cavalier LS 4dr Sedan

I took this car over from my mother when i moved to the area in 1999. i drive it hard because i live 50 miles from work, plus regular driving from place to place. this car has been reliable and beautiful! it looks brand new when washed, 7 yrs later, what a nice finish! as an ARCHITECTURAL interior designer, i would make improvements to the interior, but as a vehicle it's been great and efficient. my mother bought the car used and someone had switched radios. it works but is a pain to figure out and there's no documentation on it. the clock is always off.

none to speak of - just functional

i've wanted more around he driver while i'm on these long drives to work (change boxes, more places for things - the roof?) more efficient console?

Time to Give Up MY BABY!!!!
By Overall Happy Owner

1995 Chevrolet Cavalier LS 4dr Sedan

OK, my Cavalier and I have been through alot of events. My kids becoming teenagers, three 1500 miles trips out of state, one marriage, some repairs, and my twenty-some-things. Anyway, I have drove my Cavalier for about 8 years. She has at times cost me money but, never more than $500.00. Transmission still runs, you will fix breaks alot, has started up mornings for years (except for those repair times), and BEST FEATURE.....MY BABY has 184,000 miles and still running. In early 2004, I will retire her but, not to get rid of her. In two years, my son will be at the age to drive....and guess what he will be driving!!! Thanks, for reading.

Oh many, the car as a long life, as long as you change the oil regularly. Nice sounds, plenty of places for small items, good trunk room (for a ecomony car).

HERE ARE THE ISSUES....Windshield wiper motor, brakes, brakes, and more brakes (they will go out every 40K or so), rust makes a appearance (year 7), otherwise, good first car for teens.

• SUV