1995 Chevrolet Cavalier - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cavalier model:
Great Car considering its cost:
By Steve on 05/06/10 10:13 AM (PDT)

1995 Chevrolet Cavalier LS 4dr Sedan

Ok I've read enough about the negatives of this car. 5/2010 mine is 15 yrs old has 162K miles & other than mostly normal wear/tear/maintenance like oil, tires, anti-freeze, battery, brakes, belts, hoses, trans flush, plugs/wires, fuel filter, light bulbs its a great value for what it cost. I get mpg around 20 city/30 highway. A few "Out of the norm repairs", AC compressor, Rack-n-Pinion steering, power window motors, one wheel bearing, broken side mirror. Honestly other than a few cracks in the plastic trim, worn seat belts & a little hesitation in acceleration from age this has been a joy to own.

Horrible, horrible vehicle
By me2000 on 02/22/09 14:38 PM (PST)

1995 Chevrolet Cavalier 4dr Sedan

I have had nothing but problems with this car. The water pump went out, the head gasket is currently leaking so I have to keep putting coolant in ($10 per bottle adds up!), continuously having to replace the brakes every year, electrical problems. I have stalled three times because of this crappy car. It's rusting beneath the gas cap. Overheats all the time. I can't even put the AC on or it'll overheat. Do not buy this car. It's a money pit. I'm getting a new car in two weeks because I cannot take it anymore. I absolutely dread going into this car every time I drive it. You don't know what's going to happen next! You fix one thing and another thing breaks!

Wow, I bought it twice?
By kerocky24 on 01/08/09 16:48 PM (PST)

1995 Chevrolet Cavalier 2dr Coupe

This car gives me problems all the time. It rattles, it clanks, and it's falling apart. I had one shortly before this one. I should have known when it burst in to flames that it was a bad Idea to buy another. Live and learn huh? The car leaks oil, the speedometer is broken, (it dances as I'm going down the road) I have replaced the fuel injectors 2 times in the last year, (I know other Cavaliers that have fuel leaking!) The seats are so uncomfortable. The suspension stinks. I have tried to keep up with this car but have decided to drive it 'till it dies. My car has some miles on it but that's no excuse!

Great in High-Mileage Form!
By Willis on 08/13/07 19:35 PM (PDT)

1995 Chevrolet Cavalier 2dr Coupe

This car takes abuse and keeps coming back for more. I got the midnight blue coupe with the painted bumpers option and 5 speed manual. The 2.2L(ohv) engine leaves a bit to be desired for power but the manual tranny makes up for it. I paid $1500 for this car 3 yrs ago and it's just needed head gasket and ac recharge. It had 130,000 on it when I got it and it's never left me stranded at 162,000 miles. something is! The cheapest 30,000 miles I ever drove was in a crappy old cavi!

Chevy Cav
By sunnygrl2930 on 01/27/07 01:01 AM (PST)

1995 Chevrolet Cavalier 2dr Coupe

Love the car, love the way it drives, just diappointed about the head gasket. But I bought it with more than 100k anyway. Love the gas mileage. Love driving it. Never owned a Cav before, but my next car will be a Cav, too. Two door. Love them. Love the way it looks and sits.

I Love My Cavy!
By luvmycavy on 02/08/06 16:52 PM (PST)

1995 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24 2dr Coupe

Really fun to drive. Not very reliable though.Cramped with many people in the car but perfect just for me. Needs more horsepower. Perfect first car. LOVE IT!

Worst choice of my life
By disturbedchic on 04/05/05 01:34 AM (PDT)

1995 Chevrolet Cavalier 4dr Sedan

Bought a '95 Cavalier to replace what I thought was an ailing car I should've kept. In the 7 months I've owned the car it's had mechanical problems 6 times. First day I got it found out something was wrong with the transmission which would make it freeze up and not switch gears when it warmed up. The water pump busted and I went through 4 jugs of antifreeze before it could get fixed, transmission started to go, car would max out at 50, back door popped right open one day around a turn, and just recently it would take a city block to get it to 30mph and the whole exhaust system nearly touches the ground while the converter looks ready to blow.

Head Gaskets-Bad
By Sandy on 01/13/05 13:13 PM (PST)

1995 Chevrolet Cavalier LS 4dr Sedan

This car went trough its first set of head gaskets under 12,000 miles, then again in the 20,000's. These first two times it was under warrenty. But it went again, this time I had to pay. It is not cheap. You think Chevy would have recalled or taken care of this problem. I was not the only one. So can you guess what this car needs now again for the 4th time? Yes, head gaskets again... So you know that this time I will not buy a Chevy again. They just don't take care of their customers. Time to buy a Honda Civic.

NEVER buy again
By Cavalier hater on 07/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Chevrolet Cavalier 2dr Coupe

I bought this car from my mechanic in 2000. I have had nothing but problems with it since purchasing it. I had to replace the transmission, I have had leaks in the oil and radiator. The A/C works, but using it causes the car to overheat. Problems w/ the starter and acceleration, very noisy. Speakers on the driver's side don't work, door panneling is falling off, and locks are falling off. This car is in the shop every 3-4 months. I had a '87 Olds that drove better and needed less repairs. My b/f has a 2001 Cavalier and is having problems with it as well. I wouldn't recommend buying this car used.

Not a bad little car
By Not a bad car on 05/20/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Chevrolet Cavalier 4dr Sedan

Well I bought the car in 1999 and it had around 50,000 miles on it. Around a month or two later the A/C compressor started grinding and was covered by warranty. Next after it was payed for the head gasket blew which was around $700.00 to fix which was a bargain considering the work. I still own the car that is the extent of the work that has been done on the car besides regular maintenance. Well last month i had my A/c recharged at that time the whole system was checked for any leaks and it was approved. Over all i'm satisfied with this car now it has just peaked at 100,000 miles and still running strong.