Used 1995 Chevrolet Cavalier Consumer Reviews - 35 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Chevrolet Cavalier - Consumer Reviews

1995 Chevrolet Cavalier

View reviews for a specific Cavalier model:

Awesome little Car
By Manuel

1995 Chevrolet Cavalier 2dr Coupe

For being a 95 coupe it's all expected of a small vehicle. Sure their might be others that perform better but for what you pay for is what you get. I paid $800.00 for mine. 136000 miles. YES it is used. In the short time that I owned it. Never game me any problems except for miner wear n tare. Like tires,brakes,antiflush,oil change, smog. Expect gas mileage to be a plus with this car. You need to keep up with all maintenance on any type of vehicle. That's how they last. If you're just going to gas n go. Well looks like you'll be come a member of the foot patrol. Don't mock this vehicle it's very reliable. (I was involved in an accident while I was driving to work in this vehicle. Young girl (17yrs) turned left on a RED light. SMASHED/CRUNCHED/Head on Collision. air bags deployed,I walked away. Like I said RELIABLE. Gonna miss HER

Great Car considering its cost:
By Steve

1995 Chevrolet Cavalier LS 4dr Sedan

Ok I've read enough about the negatives of this car. 5/2010 mine is 15 yrs old has 162K miles & other than mostly normal wear/tear/maintenance like oil, tires, anti-freeze, battery, brakes, belts, hoses, trans flush, plugs/wires, fuel filter, light bulbs its a great value for what it cost. I get mpg around 20 city/30 highway. A few "Out of the norm repairs", AC compressor, Rack-n-Pinion steering, power window motors, one wheel bearing, broken side mirror. Honestly other than a few cracks in the plastic trim, worn seat belts & a little hesitation in acceleration from age this has been a joy to own.

Very good MPG for a '95 car. Great reliability. Low cost of ownership. Above average styling in & out. 4Dr allows easy passenger access. Between a harsh truck/rough and sporty ride. Well laid out controls. Nice standard features.

Back seat foot room definitely cramped, should have sacrificed some trunk room. Squeeze out a few more MPG. Needs a little better acceleration. Thicker/sturdier plastic trim. Improve front seat comfort.

Horrible, horrible vehicle
By me2000

1995 Chevrolet Cavalier 4dr Sedan

I have had nothing but problems with this car. The water pump went out, the head gasket is currently leaking so I have to keep putting coolant in ($10 per bottle adds up!), continuously having to replace the brakes every year, electrical problems. I have stalled three times because of this crappy car. It's rusting beneath the gas cap. Overheats all the time. I can't even put the AC on or it'll overheat. Do not buy this car. It's a money pit. I'm getting a new car in two weeks because I cannot take it anymore. I absolutely dread going into this car every time I drive it. You don't know what's going to happen next! You fix one thing and another thing breaks!

Decent gas mileage. That's about it.

Fix the overheating issues! Reliability. More power, almost got killed on the highway once because it wouldn't accelerate fast enough.

Wow, I bought it twice?
By kerocky24

1995 Chevrolet Cavalier 2dr Coupe

This car gives me problems all the time. It rattles, it clanks, and it's falling apart. I had one shortly before this one. I should have known when it burst in to flames that it was a bad Idea to buy another. Live and learn huh? The car leaks oil, the speedometer is broken, (it dances as I'm going down the road) I have replaced the fuel injectors 2 times in the last year, (I know other Cavaliers that have fuel leaking!) The seats are so uncomfortable. The suspension stinks. I have tried to keep up with this car but have decided to drive it 'till it dies. My car has some miles on it but that's no excuse!

I like the shape of the two door coupe, the four door models are terrible though.

Everything

Great in High-Mileage Form!
By Willis

1995 Chevrolet Cavalier 2dr Coupe

This car takes abuse and keeps coming back for more. I got the midnight blue coupe with the painted bumpers option and 5 speed manual. The 2.2L(ohv) engine leaves a bit to be desired for power but the manual tranny makes up for it. I paid $1500 for this car 3 yrs ago and it's just needed head gasket and ac recharge. It had 130,000 on it when I got it and it's never left me stranded at 162,000 miles. something is! The cheapest 30,000 miles I ever drove was in a crappy old cavi!

The stick shift tranny that's now obsolete according to some.

More power/torque, SS version.