1994 Chevrolet Cavalier Consumer Review: One problem after another

1994 Chevrolet Cavalier - Consumer Review

One problem after another
By Bob Koenig on

1994 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24 2dr Coupe

I bought this car when it was only four years old and it didn't take long for things to start going wrong. At first I started having problems with the electrical system. I had to replace the alternator. Next,the car started over heating, I had to replace the thermostat. Then the gears started slipping and I had to get the transmission rebuilt. Then the compressor for the air conditioner stopped working, I could hardly tell, since the air was never cold in the first place. After that I had problems with the emissions control system and had to replace the E.G.R. value. The car never was the same after that; it would stall if you didnít keep your foot on the gas pedal; very dangerous.

It was still worth $1500 during a "Push, Pull or Drag it in Sale" at a Toyota Dealership.

Total redesign. Better quality parts for the interior, exterior and engine. The car is just cheap and alarming unreliable .