Used 1994 Chevrolet Cavalier Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1994 Chevrolet Cavalier - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cavalier model:

It was fun
By MeMrS

1994 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24 2dr Coupe

I had my Cavalier Z24 for 6 1/2 years, and it served me quite well. The only reccurring problems seemed to involve the electrical system, which cost me a few $$$ along the way. But in the end, I was able to keep it running strong and even sold it for $2,100 with 114,800 miles on it in October of 2004.

Suggested Improvements

Get back to the "sporty" and quasi- muscle car look, and get away from the economy-car design. The Cavalier deserves better!

Awesome to drive!
By Tracy Nelson

1994 Chevrolet Cavalier RS 2dr Coupe

I have had this car for eight years and enjoyed every minute of it, my teenage daughter even loves it! It's comfortable, reliable, good on gas, and stylish. I can put it pretty much wherever I want it whether I am in traffic or parking. I highly recommend this car unless you are over about 6'4", I imagine it might be a little too cramped up then. My husband is that tall and is comfortable in it.

Favorite Features

My particular car is teal green and I love that!

Suggested Improvements

Mine has no AC so of course I wish it did.

cav
By tkj81

1994 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24 2dr Coupe

only problem i ever had was with a soliniod valve in the trans, cheap fix but a pain to install

Favorite Features

V6

Suggested Improvements

better trans

Fun!
By jesusita

1994 Chevrolet Cavalier RS 2dr Convertible

I bought this car a little over a year ago and have fallen in love with it. I have had a few problems with it lately (alternator, ECM, and now transmission), but with as many miles as is on it, I couldn't expect much less...I can't even think of getting rid of it because it is so unique and fun to drive. Although it is an automatic, the color (purple) and convertible top make it a pleasure to have on even just fairly nice days. The body is still in excellent condition and I recently replaced the top due to some leakage. All-in-all, I'm glad I jumped at the deal of buying it.

Favorite Features

Convertible top, color, V6 3.1 engine when everyone expects it to be a V4 (the lady at the DMV even argued with me about it), sturdy body, REAR DEFROST in GLASS WINDOW

Suggested Improvements

cup holder placement (was broken by someone's leg), rear speaker placement

The perfect cost/performace balance
By mcward316

1994 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24 2dr Coupe

For anyone who likes muscle cars, but needs something with better economy and is more affordable, this is the car for you. It's full of torque. Get the manual shift version! The exhaust rumbles and the engine sounds great. The cool-air-intake looks cool from inside the vehicle. Mine has been great, so far. Easy to work on. Great economy for a V6. No rust. Torque-steer is bad, so put good tires on it. ABS is garbage. If you need to stop in the snow, better shut the engine off(I'm not kidding).

Favorite Features

Performance and sound of engine. Also, seats are a good blend between sporty and plush. I've reached 40mpg on a trip.

Suggested Improvements

Clunky shifter. Crummy looking radio. Replace calipers with non-Delco system. Center console breaks. ABS system stinks.