1994 Chevrolet Cavalier - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cavalier model:
It was fun
By MeMrS on 10/27/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24 2dr Coupe

I had my Cavalier Z24 for 6 1/2 years, and it served me quite well. The only reccurring problems seemed to involve the electrical system, which cost me a few $$$ along the way. But in the end, I was able to keep it running strong and even sold it for $2,100 with 114,800 miles on it in October of 2004.

Awesome to drive!
By Tracy Nelson on 07/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Chevrolet Cavalier RS 2dr Coupe

I have had this car for eight years and enjoyed every minute of it, my teenage daughter even loves it! It's comfortable, reliable, good on gas, and stylish. I can put it pretty much wherever I want it whether I am in traffic or parking. I highly recommend this car unless you are over about 6'4", I imagine it might be a little too cramped up then. My husband is that tall and is comfortable in it.

cav
By tkj81 on 03/08/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24 2dr Coupe

only problem i ever had was with a soliniod valve in the trans, cheap fix but a pain to install

Fun!
By jesusita on 01/28/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Chevrolet Cavalier RS 2dr Convertible

I bought this car a little over a year ago and have fallen in love with it. I have had a few problems with it lately (alternator, ECM, and now transmission), but with as many miles as is on it, I couldn't expect much less...I can't even think of getting rid of it because it is so unique and fun to drive. Although it is an automatic, the color (purple) and convertible top make it a pleasure to have on even just fairly nice days. The body is still in excellent condition and I recently replaced the top due to some leakage. All-in-all, I'm glad I jumped at the deal of buying it.

The perfect cost/performace balance
By mcward316 on 01/20/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24 2dr Coupe

For anyone who likes muscle cars, but needs something with better economy and is more affordable, this is the car for you. It's full of torque. Get the manual shift version! The exhaust rumbles and the engine sounds great. The cool-air-intake looks cool from inside the vehicle. Mine has been great, so far. Easy to work on. Great economy for a V6. No rust. Torque-steer is bad, so put good tires on it. ABS is garbage. If you need to stop in the snow, better shut the engine off(I'm not kidding).

It's dead
By Guano2 on 11/20/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Chevrolet Cavalier VL 2dr Coupe

With 129,600 miles on the clock my little Cavy bit the dust. For 9 years it was reliable and never stranded me until the end. Valve spring broke in 3 places and bent and dropped the valve into the #2cyl.-wrecking the piston. The sound it made was about as horrific as my desciption. $2500 new engine on an $1100 car? Nope. I will miss it. If only I had a garage & a junk car engine, I would keep it.

good affordable vehicle
By cavhappy on 10/12/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Chevrolet Cavalier RS 4dr Sedan

This car has been very, very good to me. I bought the car 3 years ago and have only had to replace the tcc selanoid and the alternator. The car now has 86,000 miles and runs great. If you want a car that's reliable, gets good gas mileage and is inexpensive; the Cavelier is not a bad choice.

Great Car
By Happy_Happy on 08/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Chevrolet Cavalier VL 2dr Coupe

Purchased used @ 73000 miles in 1999. Routine maintenance and some repair. 3.1V6 and auto trans. had 189000 miles on it and still reliable and strong. I love this car.

GREAT economical Car
By CeaCea on 06/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Chevrolet Cavalier VL 2dr Coupe

Got mine new 10yrs ago. Until recently, w/ 57000 miles onm it I have never had any problems. Like others, my alternator just recently had to be replaced, but besides that it has been minimal maintence problems. It's a true value for the money. Only now do I realize what GREAT gas mileage I've been getting, esp compared to cars now! (What happened!?) The '94 has a great, cute style, love my bright blue color and is roomy, compared to the newer Cavs. The downside if you work on your cars or have others do,gen maintenance (oil changes...) is difficult to do on your own w/ the way they have things situated.

Great first car
By KenX on 05/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Chevrolet Cavalier RS 2dr Coupe

Purchased new in '94. Very few problems, mostly routine wear & tear. Wonderful, reliable, sporty car for 8 years. 3.1V6 makes the RS a Z24 in disguise. Buy one if you find a decent one with reasonable miles!