1994 Z24 Convertible
By mike hrabovsky on
1994 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24 2dr Convertible
When I first saw the Z24 convertibles in the late 80s I wanted one but did not get one. Bought a beautiful 94 teal z24 convertible in summer of 96. I just love the style and looks of this car. Looks like a muscle car. Hood scoops, rear spoiler, and sporty looking wheels. Car has "guts"; can get up to 80-90 mph in a hurry and holds the road real well. Have had now for 8 years and not too much trouble except for a goofy knack for blowing fuses on the power top, horn and door luck fuse (one fuse). Had the car checked by two mechanics and they had no explanation, but recommended I put in a circuit breaker fuse instead of a regular one and it has worked fine since. New top after 7 yrs old.
Favorite Features
Sporty look, hood scoops, rear spoiler. "Fish Mouth" look under front bumper. V6 power for a smaller car. Good take off.
Suggested Improvements
Cheap plastic door panels. Passenger side panel split on me in 4th year. Had to be replaced by dealer. Expensive parts. Blew two alternators over past 6 years, why? Power door locks on driver side - have to push button to red to open door. Does not do it automatically like supposed to.