Used 1994 Chevrolet Cavalier Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1994 Chevrolet Cavalier Wagon - Consumer Reviews

Base 2.2L 4-cyl. 3-speed Automatic - (2 reviews )

Good Car, Not
By btdoug

1994 Chevrolet Cavalier Wagon 4dr Wagon

I bought this car a few months ago, with less than 100k miles on it. I've had a lot of electrical failures that needed to be replaced, and the engine overheats on long drives. I know it's getting to be an old cheap car, and it's an American car, but I expected a little more reliability than what I've got so far.

It drives in a forward direction.

Interior is small, uncomfortable, and cheap. Engine is severely underpowered. Poor sound quality. Almost no storage space, besides a tiny change drawer located inconveniently behind the shifter while in park, and the awkward cupholders above the glove compartment. Everything is cheap, and apparent.

Most fun to drive
By blueberrywagon

1994 Chevrolet Cavalier Wagon 4dr Wagon

I learned to drive in this car and have been driving it since. It is more fun to drive than any other car I've driven simply because of the joy of driving such a small car. The visiblility in all directions from the driver's seat makes city driving easy. The performance leaves a little to be desired, but it does have enough power to reach the governor. Its cornering capabilities aren't sporty by any means. It has been quite reliable for me. The transmission needed rebuilt soon after I bought it. The engine also had a head gasket failure, resulting in a cracked head. A new engine for $300 solved that problem. I did the work myself. It is easy to work on, and overall is a great car.

I like the large luggage space in the back and the fold down rear seats.

I had to replace the factory stereo because it kept blowing speakers. The interior room could be improved with a little more room for the passengers. Rear seat room is very small. A stiffer suspension would make it even more fun to drive. More power would be well used as well.