Used 1994 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1994 Chevrolet Cavalier - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cavalier model:

A Great Car
By cloudchaser9

1994 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan VL 4dr Sedan

I just sold my 94' cavalier but it was my first car ever. I got it for 3k with 74,000 miles on it. It now has 104,000 miles after four years of having it. It has been an amazing car and is still running strong. It is so reliable and just plain fun to drive. Noting major has gone wrong. Replaced brakes once, head lights, 1 battery, 1 tire. The great gas mileage was one of my most valued things about this car. These make great cars, especially for town driving.

Favorite Features

comfort, exterior design, gas mileage

Miss my baby
By sailordave

1994 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan RS 4dr Sedan

Fit me like a glove the first day I bought it. Was impressed with the acceleration. Was getting near 100,000 miles when a truck ran a yield sign and hit me. Front truck tire was on my hood. Amazingly enough, the engine and transmission still worked. Too bad it was declared totalled. Was paid off for less than a year when it was totalled.

Favorite Features

Surprising acceleration, easy to replace speakers, good interior layout, large trunk especially with seats folded flat, easy to tune-up, easy to change fuel filter.

Suggested Improvements

Recommend replacing factory speakers with aftermarket models.

Workhorse
By sailordave

1994 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan RS 4dr Sedan

Had mine until a truck ran a yield sign and hit my driver's side front fender. Truck's tire stopped on the hood of the car. Engine and transmission still ran but was declared totalled. No major problems with the car. Loved that I could easily reach and change the fuel filter myself without jacks or lift. Solid little car. Sure miss it especially since it was paid off in full.

Favorite Features

Everything easy to reach from driver's seat without taking eyes off the road. Reliable engine, easy parking, and easy to change the speakers yourself

Extremely Reliable
By Tim in SLC

1994 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan RS 4dr Sedan

I bought this car when it was one year old and had 10,000 miles on it. It now has 117,000 miles onit. It has been a real workhorse. I've been extremely pleased with its performance and reliability. I've had no major repairs -- only normal wear items like brakes, batteries, alternators and tires. I wish every car I bought was as dependable as this car has been. Unfortunately, the car was totaled yesterday when a pickup truck ran a red light and smashed the front end. I'm in mourning for my great little red Cavalier.

Favorite Features

Power locks, power windows, A/C, fold- down rear seat backs (for hauling long items)

Suggested Improvements

Had a minor problem with the pin inside the tilt steering mechanism.

Just OK
By weezmachine

1994 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan RS 4dr Sedan

I bought it used in 2001 with 100,000 miles on it, and it now has 155,000. I know the motor was rebuilt before I bought it. I've replaced the brake pads 3 or 4 times, new rotors, starter went out, new headgasket, window motors replaced twice, trunk leaks, door leaks, replaced the battery, speakers are shot...I could go on with the list repairs I've had done in 4 years. Not to mention it's rusting everywhere! What do you expect for an 11 year old Cavalier though? It's pretty reliable though and it was decent to me for 4 years but I'm sick of putting money into it that I could put into car payments for a newer car.

Favorite Features

Just the right size for me, handles well, automatic door locks when shifting out of park.

Suggested Improvements

Cup holders are in an awkward place, backseat is tiny, cheap black plastic bumpers, more cushioning in front seats, headlights need to be replaced constantly, and everything listed in my review.