1994 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cavalier model:
Unbelieveable Car
By this car rocks on 06/11/06 20:10 PM (PDT)

1994 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe Z24 2dr Coupe

I bought my Z24 new in 1994 with only 3,000 miles, and besides regular maintence, have not touched it yet. I drove it till my daughter got her liscence and then gave it to her. I'ts still rust free, runs strong, and is the fastest car in the family. Great handling at high speeds, and fun to drive no matter what. Handles unbelieveably in the snow. Better than my four wheel drive SUV. All in all, its a great car.

Think's its a muscle care!
By JohnTrips on 01/29/06 02:09 AM (PST)

1994 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe Z24 2dr Coupe

I found this car as a trade on a backlot, with 80k miles. It was cherry, and has treated me very well. Like any car, you better take care of it though (fluids, oil) if you want it to last. Does tend to run hot by design but you can add an electric thermostat to fan relay to turn on fan earlyer. A little common sense will keep the v6 running perfect to 200k miles no sweat! competitve gas mileage,well built powertrain, INCREDIBLE handling, plus enjoyable power (and exhaust rumble) Get the 5 speed! This makes a great first car for your teenager, good to work on at mome plus with a few performance mods will make this a REAL head turner. Great crash ratings too

One problem after another
By Bob Koenig on 12/20/05 00:12 AM (PST)

1994 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe Z24 2dr Coupe

I bought this car when it was only four years old and it didn't take long for things to start going wrong. At first I started having problems with the electrical system. I had to replace the alternator. Next,the car started over heating, I had to replace the thermostat. Then the gears started slipping and I had to get the transmission rebuilt. Then the compressor for the air conditioner stopped working, I could hardly tell, since the air was never cold in the first place. After that I had problems with the emissions control system and had to replace the E.G.R. value. The car never was the same after that; it would stall if you didn’t keep your foot on the gas pedal; very dangerous.

It was fun
By MeMrS on 10/27/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe Z24 2dr Coupe

I had my Cavalier Z24 for 6 1/2 years, and it served me quite well. The only reccurring problems seemed to involve the electrical system, which cost me a few $$$ along the way. But in the end, I was able to keep it running strong and even sold it for $2,100 with 114,800 miles on it in October of 2004.

cav
By tkj81 on 03/08/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe Z24 2dr Coupe

only problem i ever had was with a soliniod valve in the trans, cheap fix but a pain to install

The perfect cost/performace balance
By mcward316 on 01/20/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe Z24 2dr Coupe

For anyone who likes muscle cars, but needs something with better economy and is more affordable, this is the car for you. It's full of torque. Get the manual shift version! The exhaust rumbles and the engine sounds great. The cool-air-intake looks cool from inside the vehicle. Mine has been great, so far. Easy to work on. Great economy for a V6. No rust. Torque-steer is bad, so put good tires on it. ABS is garbage. If you need to stop in the snow, better shut the engine off(I'm not kidding).

Best car I ever owned
By Debz on 06/22/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe Z24 2dr Coupe

This is an excellent car. It has held up very well. No mechanical problems. Very comfortable and fun.