Used 1994 Chevrolet Cavalier Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1994 Chevrolet Cavalier - Consumer Reviews

1994 Chevrolet Cavalier Convertible

View reviews for a specific Cavalier model:

Love the convertible
By Jlash

1994 Chevrolet Cavalier Convertible RS 2dr Convertible

Bought this convertible through an estate sale. Purchased it for fuel economy, but love to drive it, it's a peppy little car that is fun to drive and very sporty looking. I get great fuel mileage and it turns heads when I drive down the street.

Favorite Features

Convertible top!

Suggested Improvements

Cup holders. Rear seat leg room

Love the convertible
By Jim1962

1994 Chevrolet Cavalier Convertible RS 2dr Convertible

I just purchased a 1994 Cavalier convertible about a month ago. Got a real good deal on it, only paid $1500 for it and it only had 56,000 miles. I was looking for a more economical vehicle since the price of gas has gone through the roof. I love this thing! It not only gets great gas mileage(approx 30mpg) but looks great and is fun to drive. When I bought it, it was filthy! I took it and had it detailed and the guy there offered me $5000 for it. I love the convertible feature, never had one before, but love it now!

Favorite Features

The convertible top, engine reliability, body design

Suggested Improvements

Work on the cup holder, no rear seat leg room, stereo leave little to be desired.

Couldn't part with it if I tried...again
By missaretha

1994 Chevrolet Cavalier Convertible RS 2dr Convertible

I bought this car brand spanking new. I've babied it on every oil change, tire rotation, mileage service, etc. The gas mileage is great, between 35 to 40 mpg on the highway. Riding with the top down is not as windy as I thought it would be and the stereo has never needed improvements. If you like it loud, this car gives it to you. I also like the fact that I have a Teal colored car. I've never seen another car in the same color.

Favorite Features

Love the power everything!

1994 Z24 Convertible
By mike hrabovsky

1994 Chevrolet Cavalier Convertible Z24 2dr Convertible

When I first saw the Z24 convertibles in the late 80s I wanted one but did not get one. Bought a beautiful 94 teal z24 convertible in summer of 96. I just love the style and looks of this car. Looks like a muscle car. Hood scoops, rear spoiler, and sporty looking wheels. Car has "guts"; can get up to 80-90 mph in a hurry and holds the road real well. Have had now for 8 years and not too much trouble except for a goofy knack for blowing fuses on the power top, horn and door luck fuse (one fuse). Had the car checked by two mechanics and they had no explanation, but recommended I put in a circuit breaker fuse instead of a regular one and it has worked fine since. New top after 7 yrs old.

Favorite Features

Sporty look, hood scoops, rear spoiler. "Fish Mouth" look under front bumper. V6 power for a smaller car. Good take off.

Suggested Improvements

Cheap plastic door panels. Passenger side panel split on me in 4th year. Had to be replaced by dealer. Expensive parts. Blew two alternators over past 6 years, why? Power door locks on driver side - have to push button to red to open door. Does not do it automatically like supposed to.

Fun!
By jesusita

1994 Chevrolet Cavalier Convertible RS 2dr Convertible

I bought this car a little over a year ago and have fallen in love with it. I have had a few problems with it lately (alternator, ECM, and now transmission), but with as many miles as is on it, I couldn't expect much less...I can't even think of getting rid of it because it is so unique and fun to drive. Although it is an automatic, the color (purple) and convertible top make it a pleasure to have on even just fairly nice days. The body is still in excellent condition and I recently replaced the top due to some leakage. All-in-all, I'm glad I jumped at the deal of buying it.

Favorite Features

Convertible top, color, V6 3.1 engine when everyone expects it to be a V4 (the lady at the DMV even argued with me about it), sturdy body, REAR DEFROST in GLASS WINDOW

Suggested Improvements

cup holder placement (was broken by someone's leg), rear speaker placement