Used 1994 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1994 Chevrolet Cavalier - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cavalier model:

Unbelieveable Car
By this car rocks

1994 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24 2dr Coupe

I bought my Z24 new in 1994 with only 3,000 miles, and besides regular maintence, have not touched it yet. I drove it till my daughter got her liscence and then gave it to her. I'ts still rust free, runs strong, and is the fastest car in the family. Great handling at high speeds, and fun to drive no matter what. Handles unbelieveably in the snow. Better than my four wheel drive SUV. All in all, its a great car.

3.1L V6, handling, CD Player, easy and cheap to fix, lasts and lasts.

Nothing

Think's its a muscle care!
By JohnTrips

1994 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24 2dr Coupe

I found this car as a trade on a backlot, with 80k miles. It was cherry, and has treated me very well. Like any car, you better take care of it though (fluids, oil) if you want it to last. Does tend to run hot by design but you can add an electric thermostat to fan relay to turn on fan earlyer. A little common sense will keep the v6 running perfect to 200k miles no sweat! competitve gas mileage,well built powertrain, INCREDIBLE handling, plus enjoyable power (and exhaust rumble) Get the 5 speed! This makes a great first car for your teenager, good to work on at mome plus with a few performance mods will make this a REAL head turner. Great crash ratings too

Body style, engine power and sound. It's easy to work on and Outruns most hondas stock!

Bring back old Cavalier body style, ditch the Cobalt's roller skate look! 94 was the last year to get a fun Cavalier.

One problem after another
By Bob Koenig

1994 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24 2dr Coupe

I bought this car when it was only four years old and it didn't take long for things to start going wrong. At first I started having problems with the electrical system. I had to replace the alternator. Next,the car started over heating, I had to replace the thermostat. Then the gears started slipping and I had to get the transmission rebuilt. Then the compressor for the air conditioner stopped working, I could hardly tell, since the air was never cold in the first place. After that I had problems with the emissions control system and had to replace the E.G.R. value. The car never was the same after that; it would stall if you didnít keep your foot on the gas pedal; very dangerous.

It was still worth $1500 during a "Push, Pull or Drag it in Sale" at a Toyota Dealership.

Total redesign. Better quality parts for the interior, exterior and engine. The car is just cheap and alarming unreliable .

It was fun
By MeMrS

1994 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24 2dr Coupe

I had my Cavalier Z24 for 6 1/2 years, and it served me quite well. The only reccurring problems seemed to involve the electrical system, which cost me a few $$$ along the way. But in the end, I was able to keep it running strong and even sold it for $2,100 with 114,800 miles on it in October of 2004.

Get back to the "sporty" and quasi- muscle car look, and get away from the economy-car design. The Cavalier deserves better!

cav
By tkj81

1994 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24 2dr Coupe

only problem i ever had was with a soliniod valve in the trans, cheap fix but a pain to install

V6