1994 Chevrolet Cavalier - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cavalier model:
Miss my baby
By sailordave on 11/10/07 20:12 PM (PST)

1994 Chevrolet Cavalier RS 4dr Sedan

Fit me like a glove the first day I bought it. Was impressed with the acceleration. Was getting near 100,000 miles when a truck ran a yield sign and hit me. Front truck tire was on my hood. Amazingly enough, the engine and transmission still worked. Too bad it was declared totalled. Was paid off for less than a year when it was totalled.

Workhorse
By sailordave on 01/27/07 04:34 AM (PST)

1994 Chevrolet Cavalier RS 4dr Sedan

Had mine until a truck ran a yield sign and hit my driver's side front fender. Truck's tire stopped on the hood of the car. Engine and transmission still ran but was declared totalled. No major problems with the car. Loved that I could easily reach and change the fuel filter myself without jacks or lift. Solid little car. Sure miss it especially since it was paid off in full.

Extremely Reliable
By Tim in SLC on 06/27/06 15:42 PM (PDT)

1994 Chevrolet Cavalier RS 4dr Sedan

I bought this car when it was one year old and had 10,000 miles on it. It now has 117,000 miles onit. It has been a real workhorse. I've been extremely pleased with its performance and reliability. I've had no major repairs -- only normal wear items like brakes, batteries, alternators and tires. I wish every car I bought was as dependable as this car has been. Unfortunately, the car was totaled yesterday when a pickup truck ran a red light and smashed the front end. I'm in mourning for my great little red Cavalier.

Just OK
By weezmachine on 04/11/05 01:32 AM (PDT)

1994 Chevrolet Cavalier RS 4dr Sedan

I bought it used in 2001 with 100,000 miles on it, and it now has 155,000. I know the motor was rebuilt before I bought it. I've replaced the brake pads 3 or 4 times, new rotors, starter went out, new headgasket, window motors replaced twice, trunk leaks, door leaks, replaced the battery, speakers are shot...I could go on with the list repairs I've had done in 4 years. Not to mention it's rusting everywhere! What do you expect for an 11 year old Cavalier though? It's pretty reliable though and it was decent to me for 4 years but I'm sick of putting money into it that I could put into car payments for a newer car.

good affordable vehicle
By cavhappy on 10/12/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Chevrolet Cavalier RS 4dr Sedan

This car has been very, very good to me. I bought the car 3 years ago and have only had to replace the tcc selanoid and the alternator. The car now has 86,000 miles and runs great. If you want a car that's reliable, gets good gas mileage and is inexpensive; the Cavelier is not a bad choice.

Not a bad car
By Jonathan Wehr on 03/09/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Chevrolet Cavalier RS 4dr Sedan

This is not a bad car. I've had it for a little over a year now and I've only had 1 major problem with it. If you have an automatic transmission in this car, make sure your TCC solenoid works. If you slow down from highway speeds and the car shutters and cuts off then chances are, your torque converter solenoid is bad............get it fixed if you want good gas mileage.

reliable
By jhall on 07/19/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Chevrolet Cavalier RS 4dr Sedan

This car has been a great car! It's not the coolest looking car, but It's the best car I've owned. Its got around 130,000 miles. Never had any real problems with it. Very reliable.