1994 Chevrolet Cavalier - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cavalier model:
A Great Car
By cloudchaser9 on 04/30/11 20:56 PM (PDT)

1994 Chevrolet Cavalier VL 4dr Sedan

I just sold my 94' cavalier but it was my first car ever. I got it for 3k with 74,000 miles on it. It now has 104,000 miles after four years of having it. It has been an amazing car and is still running strong. It is so reliable and just plain fun to drive. Noting major has gone wrong. Replaced brakes once, head lights, 1 battery, 1 tire. The great gas mileage was one of my most valued things about this car. These make great cars, especially for town driving.

ha i've had problems
By sheep on 09/25/09 16:38 PM (PDT)

1994 Chevrolet Cavalier RS 2dr Coupe

i bought the car in march with only 66000 miles one it for 1500$ cash. but got ripped off cuz the next week the tranny dropped, got a new one for 2000$ and it drove fine with plenty of power for a 2.2 liter. breaks went out a couple weeks ago got new ones.. mechanic ripped us off 700$ but they work fine now. this week blew a tire and the tranny dropped while driving to jensen tire .. but its on a warranty so im getting a new one for free. engine still runs strong though. but its a death trap for me

Great to drive!!
By Ghost6987 on 03/23/09 15:55 PM (PDT)

1994 Chevrolet Cavalier RS 2dr Coupe

I got this car in "05" with about 100k on it and I drive it about 130 miles aday. Im a Young kid I'm 21. I have the 2.2 its rusted and has a lil rodded but I have a perfect tac in it also I put a turbo on it only running 8psi a better cam and a 2 3/4 inch piping its still my daily driver never left me on the side of the road a beat on it all the time great car as long as u keep up with everything. Do an oil change with royal purple! All the time it helps the car out and protects it the best. The car has on the dash right now with the oem block rods and pistons it has 291k and still going strong. I love my teal civi killa

Love the convertible
By Jlash on 06/02/08 18:07 PM (PDT)

1994 Chevrolet Cavalier RS 2dr Convertible

Bought this convertible through an estate sale. Purchased it for fuel economy, but love to drive it, it's a peppy little car that is fun to drive and very sporty looking. I get great fuel mileage and it turns heads when I drive down the street.

Love the convertible
By Jim1962 on 04/23/08 22:55 PM (PDT)

1994 Chevrolet Cavalier RS 2dr Convertible

I just purchased a 1994 Cavalier convertible about a month ago. Got a real good deal on it, only paid $1500 for it and it only had 56,000 miles. I was looking for a more economical vehicle since the price of gas has gone through the roof. I love this thing! It not only gets great gas mileage(approx 30mpg) but looks great and is fun to drive. When I bought it, it was filthy! I took it and had it detailed and the guy there offered me $5000 for it. I love the convertible feature, never had one before, but love it now!

Miss my baby
By sailordave on 11/10/07 20:12 PM (PST)

1994 Chevrolet Cavalier RS 4dr Sedan

Fit me like a glove the first day I bought it. Was impressed with the acceleration. Was getting near 100,000 miles when a truck ran a yield sign and hit me. Front truck tire was on my hood. Amazingly enough, the engine and transmission still worked. Too bad it was declared totalled. Was paid off for less than a year when it was totalled.

Good Car, Not
By btdoug on 07/30/07 09:42 AM (PDT)

1994 Chevrolet Cavalier 4dr Wagon

I bought this car a few months ago, with less than 100k miles on it. I've had a lot of electrical failures that needed to be replaced, and the engine overheats on long drives. I know it's getting to be an old cheap car, and it's an American car, but I expected a little more reliability than what I've got so far.

Most fun to drive
By blueberrywagon on 05/02/07 17:49 PM (PDT)

1994 Chevrolet Cavalier 4dr Wagon

I learned to drive in this car and have been driving it since. It is more fun to drive than any other car I've driven simply because of the joy of driving such a small car. The visiblility in all directions from the driver's seat makes city driving easy. The performance leaves a little to be desired, but it does have enough power to reach the governor. Its cornering capabilities aren't sporty by any means. It has been quite reliable for me. The transmission needed rebuilt soon after I bought it. The engine also had a head gasket failure, resulting in a cracked head. A new engine for $300 solved that problem. I did the work myself. It is easy to work on, and overall is a great car.

Couldn't part with it if I tried...again
By missaretha on 02/27/07 13:20 PM (PST)

1994 Chevrolet Cavalier RS 2dr Convertible

I bought this car brand spanking new. I've babied it on every oil change, tire rotation, mileage service, etc. The gas mileage is great, between 35 to 40 mpg on the highway. Riding with the top down is not as windy as I thought it would be and the stereo has never needed improvements. If you like it loud, this car gives it to you. I also like the fact that I have a Teal colored car. I've never seen another car in the same color.

Workhorse
By sailordave on 01/27/07 04:34 AM (PST)

1994 Chevrolet Cavalier RS 4dr Sedan

Had mine until a truck ran a yield sign and hit my driver's side front fender. Truck's tire stopped on the hood of the car. Engine and transmission still ran but was declared totalled. No major problems with the car. Loved that I could easily reach and change the fuel filter myself without jacks or lift. Solid little car. Sure miss it especially since it was paid off in full.

1 2 3 4 5 next »