Used 1993 Chevrolet Cavalier Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1993 Chevrolet Cavalier - Consumer Reviews

1993 Chevrolet Cavalier

View reviews for a specific Cavalier model:

Turn and run!
By Shanzman

1993 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24 2dr Coupe

Where do I start? First off, if you live anywhere north of Illinois, do not get this car. Horrible heating! Within 3 weeks two spark plugs blew out of the head. I had to re-thread both of them. They did this on a cold start! It had a leak in the car,(Water) Which I could never pinpoint. I would have four inches of standing water in the rear floor wells. I have had two coil packs go bad. This is a joke to even think you can replace them. They are on the front of the engine and its takes a mechanic two hours. Replacing the heater core is supposed to be easy, Wrong! It is plastic, yes plastic from the top of it to the lines that hook up. The suspension, is rough.

Favorite Features

Engine , when running proper, flat out flies!

Suggested Improvements

Take the engine, put a cast head on it, and rebuild the same car but pay attention to what customers are saying

Perfect for me
By eck125

1993 Chevrolet Cavalier RS 2dr Coupe

I wanted to add my 2 cents and give love to my 93' Cavalier that I am trading in within the next week. I have had this car since 1997 and have drive it from Iowa to St. Louis<400 miles> over 50 times! and only once did I have problems with itKept the lights on while eatingI must say this car has been nothing but perfect for me.This car is good for those who accidently forget to change the oil every 3K. I have driven this car to the point of me thinking how many miles can I put on this beauty. I would be keeping it but with a baby in my life I need something a little more NEWER!

Favorite Features

Everything!

Suggested Improvements

One time I replaced 4 batteries in 2 months, but after adding the 5th one, it has been used for over 2 years now. It is still a mystery what was wrong.

Cavalier
By Wilson

1993 Chevrolet Cavalier RS 4dr Sedan

I love the fuel economy, but I hate the leaky trunk, and cracked heads which I checked, it is a common problem with these cars. Overall I have had it for about 2 and a half years, and it wasnt until recently that I have had any probems with it. It broke down 3 times in the course of a week which I didnt appreciate. Overall, I like the car, Im planning on buying a newer model possibly a 97 or 98 with the new body style.

Favorite Features

Power locks

Suggested Improvements

Fix the leaky trunks, and the durability of the engine

Good car
By brady

1993 Chevrolet Cavalier RS 4dr Sedan

I don't know if I just got lucky, but my cavalier ran for over 130,000 miles with little to no repairs on it. Only after 130,000 did anything need to really be fixed.

It made it for 10 years
By Bett1e

1993 Chevrolet Cavalier VL 2dr Coupe

From 1993 to 1999, the main problems were the coolant was always missing due to a temperature gaurge problem, hose problem or some othe problem. In 1999, all heck started to break lose. The brakes failed totally in 1999 and I luckily made it home safely (back brakes only). From 1999 on, various things happened included all the injectors failed, the ignition module failed, the head gaskets failed, etc.. The most annoying thing that made the repairs not worth it: the car started to look bad. The paint started to fake, the brake light started to melt, and the inside of the door would scorch your arm because the metal would get too hot in the sun.

Favorite Features

The radio - you will never find a better radio in a cheap car.

Suggested Improvements

The coolant system needs an overhaul. The major repair in 2003 would not have mattered if I wasn't making coolant system repairs every year.