Used 1993 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1993 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cavalier model:

it keeps going
By gonzothegreat

1993 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan VL 4dr Sedan

i bought this car new in 1993. the odometer is showing 293,000 miles. thats right 293,000 miles. it has the original engine and transmission. the clutch assembly is factory. it has achieved 40 mpg on the highway. i have changed the oil at regular times and it has only left me stranded once(fuel pump went out). aside from tires, belts, hoses, shocks, brakes, shifter cable, and alternators, being replaced, it has never had the valves adjusted. i dont know if it has a timing chain, if it does i have never had to replace it. my goal is to replace it at 300k, but i dont think i will. it gets 30mpg in the city if driven the speed limit. the insurance is $240 a year, best car ive ever owned.

Worth every penny
By seid

1993 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan RS 4dr Sedan

I would say, If you are sending your kids to college, this is a great car to get them. I had this car for the past 7 years with minor issues. And just a few days ago, the radiator and the transmission pan cracked. But I got about a little over 220,000 miles out of it. This american car was built to last and it will be sad to let it go. This car had been stolen twice, had the steering column and ignition ripped out, ran into a brick wall, was hit twice by drunk drivers and through all of it (minus body damage), it still ran like a champ. I plan on getting another one of a later model.

needs a car sized Depends. It leaks like an old person.

Chevy Cavalier a great Car
By Sean

1993 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan VL 4dr Sedan

I must say in the years that I have had my 1993 Chevy Cavalier that I have only replaced a head gasket and solinodes, radiator in the last 10 years. The car is great for the money. I am planning on buying another Cavalier

Power locks and comfort plus fuel = good car

Maybe more added dash features for that year would have been great. Cruise control but other then that great car

Cavalier
By Wilson

1993 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan RS 4dr Sedan

I love the fuel economy, but I hate the leaky trunk, and cracked heads which I checked, it is a common problem with these cars. Overall I have had it for about 2 and a half years, and it wasnt until recently that I have had any probems with it. It broke down 3 times in the course of a week which I didnt appreciate. Overall, I like the car, Im planning on buying a newer model possibly a 97 or 98 with the new body style.

Power locks

Fix the leaky trunks, and the durability of the engine

Good car
By brady

1993 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan RS 4dr Sedan

I don't know if I just got lucky, but my cavalier ran for over 130,000 miles with little to no repairs on it. Only after 130,000 did anything need to really be fixed.