1993 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cavalier model:
Rattle trap after 8 years
By mkbangs on 04/21/08 19:42 PM (PDT)

1993 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe VL 2dr Coupe

I bought this car brand new and had no complaints for about 8 years. Then it began to rattle me silly at idle in drive. I tried everything. New motor mounts, insulation, new plugs and wires. I finally had to get rid of it. I paid a good price for it and I enjoyed it most of the time. I won't buy another Chevy though because of it. It was like the minute it was paid off it was done. Also the auto door locks quit working on the driver side and the passenger window stopped working correctly and neither were electric.

It made it for 10 years
By Bett1e on 02/14/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe VL 2dr Coupe

From 1993 to 1999, the main problems were the coolant was always missing due to a temperature gaurge problem, hose problem or some othe problem. In 1999, all heck started to break lose. The brakes failed totally in 1999 and I luckily made it home safely (back brakes only). From 1999 on, various things happened included all the injectors failed, the ignition module failed, the head gaskets failed, etc.. The most annoying thing that made the repairs not worth it: the car started to look bad. The paint started to fake, the brake light started to melt, and the inside of the door would scorch your arm because the metal would get too hot in the sun.

Hard to get rid off
By New Chevy Guy on 04/21/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe VL 2dr Coupe

This bad boy has taken me to NY from VA and back about 10 times. It has battle the narrow curvy backroads of VA and has taken on the pot holes and wild taxi drivers in NY. No wonder I need shock work! And most importantly it has never left me on the side of the road. Every time I try to find a reason to sell it I cant. Sincerely, New Chevy Fan 1993 Chevy Cavalier VL 2D

One of the best cars I have owned
By Gurney on 08/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe VL 2dr Coupe

Had this car for ten years. Changed oil every 3000 miles and treated engine and transmission with Slick 50. My daughter drove it to college for 4 years. I drive it almost everyday. Have replaced many things as they wore out and she continues to run beautifully. After 184000 miles the engine burns no oil and the oil is clen everytime I change it.

very poor car
By skoniecz40 on 04/03/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe VL 2dr Coupe

This car has been nothing but mechancial failures and headaches, I wish I never purchased it!