1993 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cavalier model:
Fond Memories!
By Rachel on 10/26/08 20:07 PM (PDT)

1993 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe RS 2dr Coupe

This was the best car I ever owned! I bought it used with 43,000 miles on it and put another 135,000 miles in 6 years. It ran like a dream even after it was flooded in Florida! The A/C didn't work so great after the fire, but it still ran for another year. (if you change the oil, dont leave the rag and bottle under the hood!) If you take care of it, it'll last you a really long time

Rattle trap after 8 years
By mkbangs on 04/21/08 19:42 PM (PDT)

1993 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe VL 2dr Coupe

I bought this car brand new and had no complaints for about 8 years. Then it began to rattle me silly at idle in drive. I tried everything. New motor mounts, insulation, new plugs and wires. I finally had to get rid of it. I paid a good price for it and I enjoyed it most of the time. I won't buy another Chevy though because of it. It was like the minute it was paid off it was done. Also the auto door locks quit working on the driver side and the passenger window stopped working correctly and neither were electric.

Not a bad vehicle for the price.
By Mark on 12/04/06 15:20 PM (PST)

1993 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe Z24 2dr Coupe

Not a bad vehicle. My wife and I purchased this vehicle with only about 9K miles on it about 3 years ago! What a steal! Now it only has about 57K miles on it. Not bad on performance and the handling is great.

Turn and run!
By Shanzman on 02/17/06 05:00 AM (PST)

1993 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe Z24 2dr Coupe

Where do I start? First off, if you live anywhere north of Illinois, do not get this car. Horrible heating! Within 3 weeks two spark plugs blew out of the head. I had to re-thread both of them. They did this on a cold start! It had a leak in the car,(Water) Which I could never pinpoint. I would have four inches of standing water in the rear floor wells. I have had two coil packs go bad. This is a joke to even think you can replace them. They are on the front of the engine and its takes a mechanic two hours. Replacing the heater core is supposed to be easy, Wrong! It is plastic, yes plastic from the top of it to the lines that hook up. The suspension, is rough.

Perfect for me
By eck125 on 12/25/05 23:43 PM (PST)

1993 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe RS 2dr Coupe

I wanted to add my 2 cents and give love to my 93' Cavalier that I am trading in within the next week. I have had this car since 1997 and have drive it from Iowa to St. Louis<400 miles> over 50 times! and only once did I have problems with itKept the lights on while eatingI must say this car has been nothing but perfect for me.This car is good for those who accidently forget to change the oil every 3K. I have driven this car to the point of me thinking how many miles can I put on this beauty. I would be keeping it but with a baby in my life I need something a little more NEWER!

It made it for 10 years
By Bett1e on 02/14/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe VL 2dr Coupe

From 1993 to 1999, the main problems were the coolant was always missing due to a temperature gaurge problem, hose problem or some othe problem. In 1999, all heck started to break lose. The brakes failed totally in 1999 and I luckily made it home safely (back brakes only). From 1999 on, various things happened included all the injectors failed, the ignition module failed, the head gaskets failed, etc.. The most annoying thing that made the repairs not worth it: the car started to look bad. The paint started to fake, the brake light started to melt, and the inside of the door would scorch your arm because the metal would get too hot in the sun.

Good Performance For The Money
By Crawl731 on 05/21/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe Z24 2dr Coupe

Overall this car has been very reliable and fun to drive. The Z24 has performance that the other cavaliers in 1993 didn't have. It comes with a 3.1 V6 that has some good power and acceleration. The look of the exterior is very nice and sporty. The interior is basic and comfortable in the front seats. The back seat can be tight for taller people. I have only had minor problems so far. I have 109000 miles on it now. It still has the original transmission and it is working fine.

Hard to get rid off
By New Chevy Guy on 04/21/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe VL 2dr Coupe

This bad boy has taken me to NY from VA and back about 10 times. It has battle the narrow curvy backroads of VA and has taken on the pot holes and wild taxi drivers in NY. No wonder I need shock work! And most importantly it has never left me on the side of the road. Every time I try to find a reason to sell it I cant. Sincerely, New Chevy Fan 1993 Chevy Cavalier VL 2D

Zed'er
By Vroom!!! on 02/02/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe Z24 2dr Coupe

I bought my Z24 in May of 2002. Since then I've had no real problems with it besides the very unreliable clutch. The power in this car is remarkable. This car just flys. The interior.. well its a 92 not too bad i guess. Its typical GM design. Very basic. Overall its really just a basic car with a big engine.

2 DR RS Coupe
By Skyrider on 12/19/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe RS 2dr Coupe

This car just like any other has parts that wear out, but that's just maintenace. Some people think they shouldn't even change their brake pads, spark plugs, cables & other miscellaneous things. But I do want to say something, I've had other cars in the past and of all those only a Mercedes Benz that I had surpassed the comfort of driving and the momentum of this car. This car has a powerful 4 cil. engine and rides very smoothly as a bigger or more expensive car. If you buy a car like this that is not falling apart and give it regular maintenance, it'll be hard for you to get rid of it, since you'll love it.