Used 1993 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1993 Chevrolet Cavalier - Consumer Reviews

1993 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe

View reviews for a specific Cavalier model:

Fond Memories!
By Rachel

1993 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe RS 2dr Coupe

This was the best car I ever owned! I bought it used with 43,000 miles on it and put another 135,000 miles in 6 years. It ran like a dream even after it was flooded in Florida! The A/C didn't work so great after the fire, but it still ran for another year. (if you change the oil, dont leave the rag and bottle under the hood!) If you take care of it, it'll last you a really long time

Rattle trap after 8 years
By mkbangs

1993 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe VL 2dr Coupe

I bought this car brand new and had no complaints for about 8 years. Then it began to rattle me silly at idle in drive. I tried everything. New motor mounts, insulation, new plugs and wires. I finally had to get rid of it. I paid a good price for it and I enjoyed it most of the time. I won't buy another Chevy though because of it. It was like the minute it was paid off it was done. Also the auto door locks quit working on the driver side and the passenger window stopped working correctly and neither were electric.

Favorite Features

Color and handling

Suggested Improvements

Better quality fasteners I guess so the thing doesn't rattle itself to death

Not a bad vehicle for the price.
By Mark

1993 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe Z24 2dr Coupe

Not a bad vehicle. My wife and I purchased this vehicle with only about 9K miles on it about 3 years ago! What a steal! Now it only has about 57K miles on it. Not bad on performance and the handling is great.

Favorite Features

Handling and performance. Accessories are convinient to get to.

Suggested Improvements

Definitely needs some improvement on gas mileage as well as quality. But other than that nice car.

Turn and run!
By Shanzman

1993 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe Z24 2dr Coupe

Where do I start? First off, if you live anywhere north of Illinois, do not get this car. Horrible heating! Within 3 weeks two spark plugs blew out of the head. I had to re-thread both of them. They did this on a cold start! It had a leak in the car,(Water) Which I could never pinpoint. I would have four inches of standing water in the rear floor wells. I have had two coil packs go bad. This is a joke to even think you can replace them. They are on the front of the engine and its takes a mechanic two hours. Replacing the heater core is supposed to be easy, Wrong! It is plastic, yes plastic from the top of it to the lines that hook up. The suspension, is rough.

Favorite Features

Engine , when running proper, flat out flies!

Suggested Improvements

Take the engine, put a cast head on it, and rebuild the same car but pay attention to what customers are saying

Perfect for me
By eck125

1993 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe RS 2dr Coupe

I wanted to add my 2 cents and give love to my 93' Cavalier that I am trading in within the next week. I have had this car since 1997 and have drive it from Iowa to St. Louis<400 miles> over 50 times! and only once did I have problems with itKept the lights on while eatingI must say this car has been nothing but perfect for me.This car is good for those who accidently forget to change the oil every 3K. I have driven this car to the point of me thinking how many miles can I put on this beauty. I would be keeping it but with a baby in my life I need something a little more NEWER!

Favorite Features

Everything!

Suggested Improvements

One time I replaced 4 batteries in 2 months, but after adding the 5th one, it has been used for over 2 years now. It is still a mystery what was wrong.